Heresy II VS RF-82 II for home theater

Utard

Are Heresy II's good for a home theater? I had planned on getting the rf-82 II for now until I could upgrade to the RF-7II. I just found these in a local classified. Does this sound like a good deal? $795.00 for new in the box,1 pair of oiled oak finish Klipsch Heresy II speakers with black grilles. Consecutive serial numbers. Never used, Perfect condition, still in original boxes. One of the serial #'s is H0017-98400016. I am not sure what year they are from?

I guess my 1st question is will these be better than the RF-7 II for a HT? Second is that a good price? thanks. I just thought of one other thing. Are the Heresy II's Magnetically shielded? I just tried putting my new subs up front by the TV and it played havoc with the picture.

Since the Heresy III has been out for year, I'd be weery of promises of NIB Heresy IIs. I think the serial number implies 40th week of 1998. I guess the price is about half of new Heresy III? You can find used Heresy II for $300 to $400, so $795 is really up to you. They would make fine HT speakers, but you'll need more than two of them.

Since the Heresy III has been out for year, I'd be weery of promises of NIB Heresy IIs. I think the serial number implies 40th week of 1998. I guess the price is about half of new Heresy III? You can find used Heresy II for $300 to $400, so $795 is really up to you. They would make fine HT speakers, but you'll need more than two of them.

Yep. Spot on analysis.

There is a set of Oiled Oak H IIs in mint "barely used" condition going for $350 on my local CL.

(Oiled Oak is my least favorite finish; but that is up to your preference).

I prefer Heresy Is to Heresy IIs, but again; this is personal preference.

(The nice thing about H IIs is you can upgrade them to H III parts that Klipsch sells as a kit).

I suggest shopping around with a bit of patience.

Good Luck.

Yep. Spot on analysis.

There is a set of Oiled Oak H IIs in mint "barely used" condition going for $350 on my local CL.

(Oiled Oak is my least favorite finish; but that is up to your preference).

I prefer Heresy Is to Heresy IIs, but again; this is personal preference.

(The nice thing about H IIs is you can upgrade them to H III parts that Klipsch sells as a kit).

I suggest shopping around with a bit of patience.

Good Luck.

I'll also agree with the above posts. Around here Heresey's tend to go for a little more than in the rest of the country. $500-$800.00 is the asking rate for used H Is and H IIs in very good condition. You will definately need a sub (even if you get RF-7 IIs) as the extreme low end of movies just can't be replicated using a tower speakers.

Most HT systems are 5.1, meaning a right and left tower, center, and two surround speakers. If you go the Heresey route, they are the right size and have the right sound to be the perfect fit for all 5 speakers. If you like music, they are very good for that as well.

There are people that have done the 5 channel Heresey HT with a sub and they love it, and if that's what you want to do I think you would have similarly wonderful results and you have a reasonable starting point with the speakers mentioned above. However, if you are looking for a bargain, I would say that isn't it.

It sounds like if I could talk them down to 600 that it might be a good deal? Since I am going for a 9.1 system I do not plan on trying to fit 9 of those in my little room. I guess what it is coming down to is I am not in the boat to spend 3200 on the rf-7 now or 1200 on the rf-82 now and I am tired of my currant speakers that one set has bad surrounds that need fixing and the other has bad crossovers for the tweeter on both.............................................. I guess what I really need to know now is the Heresy II's Magnetically shielded? I just tried putting my new subs up front by the TV and it played havoc with the picture. I would hate to buy these and not be able to put up front by the tv.