B-Stock Klipsch RF7II

Leroyjr1

Those def tec are really nice I demoed

those for almost a good hour and really liked how they sounded. I also love how

they are very sleek and modern looking. Plus the def tec are made to have a

really small footprint and fit into any room. Try and find a place that has both the 7s and

the def tec and demo both if you can. You can probably guess what I like better

but they are both very clean sounding speakers.

When buying b stock always find

out why they are b stock first. If it’s because of color then make sure you can

get the center channel b stock also so they match.

Welcome to the forum! Klipsch speakers are horn-loaded, and as such, will always be brighter than other speakers. They are not nearly as bright as some would leave you to believe, but if you listen to a ton of jazz, the horns might become fatiguing over time. The Klipsch Reference line has a paticular sound that not all people enjoy, and you should take that into consideration. That said, the horn-loaded set-up allows for a couple of great things that other speakers don't. The speakers are more efficient and the horn and size of the speaker allows for a huge, room filling sound that other speakers in this price range can't supply. They are also very detailed and dynamic which will give you a sense of being there. Lastly, they are extremely detailed and "revealing" meaning that well produced music will sound beautiful and poorly produced music/movies will be noticeably weak.

Reference speakers excell with rock and electronic music due to 2-way, bass heavy, horn loaded design, but can also seem muddy in 2-channel listening for accoustic and string heavy music (thought the RF-7 IIs are more well rounded than other Reference speakers). Also, I think that the RF-7s matched with the RC-64 are far and away the best HT speakers in their price range and compete rediculously well speakers that cost 2-3 times as much.

I'm not a big fan of Def Tech, though there are many out there that love them. Klipsch put out the Icon X system as a direct competitor complete with the powered sub in the front tower.