Pre/pro recommendations for Heritage setup

Dandoyen

I can say however that Anthem works great in a 2 channel set up even though my D2 isn't set up that way. I've got an Anthem preamp in my 2 channel rig with my Lascalas and absolutely love it.

It's going in the demo queue. No guarentees but if I'm gonna do this right then it deserves a listen. avsforums touts it the best one-stop-shop for 2-channel and HT just short of the cost-no-object solutions. If i'm not satisfied then I'll eventually graduate to seperate 2 channel and HT setups. Just not there yet :) Thanks for the input. I appreciate all feedback, from everyone! Any other recommendations? Anyone?

If we are just brainstorming...

There seems to be quite a bit of buzz around the Anthem MRX receivers as a gateway into the ARC system... cheaper than their pre/pro and offers preamp outs... but you'd be forced to get a separate phono preamp.

I'm kinda in the market myself, did look into the MRX and Marantz, but have been putting off making a purchase. When it comes to diminishing returns... I'm generally hesitant to invest a lot in a component that contains rapidly evolving technology ... ie: depreciate quickly...

ROb

I may have missed it, where is home?

Home is all over. Texas boy born and raised (McAllen), but currently flight test engineer at Edwards AFB (bout an hour north of LA), though I have some other training that makes me highly deployable. I'll be back here in the Middle East again next year, and want to enjoy my audio in between [:)] It's looking like DigitalEar in LA will let me swing an in-home demo so I'll get to audition w/ the mighty horns. Arcam seems to be another player with high reviews. I'm really excited to get home it's gonna make these next couple of missions long! But no worries I love what I do. All in due time. I'm going to have this entire set up new, in-box, waiting for me in my garage when I get home. Not gonna lie, I may shed a tear or two at the sight when that garage door swings open [:P]

I'm sure this is an obvious answer, but any idea how the DACs in the Anthem compare to the Wolfson's in the BD751?

Anyone in the area with a similar setup that wouldn't mind me having a listen? Of course the favor will be returned when I'm up and running!

Anthem MRX receivers as a gateway into the ARC system... cheaper than their pre/pro and offers preamp outs...

Any idea how the sound quality compares? Are they the same DACs and processing components?

...I'm hesitant as well given the extremely dynamic nature of the field, but I figure if I build around quality sound then the picture and movie stuff will come along when I'm ready. I'm not fully sold on 3D...or even remotely for that matter. Music/audio quality is priority number one, and I believe there are several options that can fulfill that for years to come. I definitely consider it an investment.

Bed time here guys I've got a mission tomorrow but keep the dialogue goin I look forward to catching up when I return. Thanks again for the exchanges thus far. This forum is AWESOME! Completely reawakened my audio passion.

Anyone in the area with a similar setup that wouldn't mind me having a listen? Of course the favor will be returned when I'm up and running!

Up till I googled Digital Ear, I thought you were talking about Louisiana, not Los Angeles. I was going to offer a listen as I'm right next to LA. (the state).

On my Heritage HT, I run Lexicon for the proccessor and old school McIntosh amps.

I love how Lexicon's logic7 turns any signal into seamless 7.1. You never hear sound from the speakers, it images in between them seamlessly.

I run a total of 5 McIntosh amps. 3 McIntosh 250's in Mono for the front 3 channels. And two 2105's in sterio for the sides and rears.

JM

I thought I'd take some time to list out your priorites for when you get home:

1. Food (other than chow hall while en route to house)

2. Klipsch

3. Profit...!

P.S. If you have family...I can work that in Big Smile

That covers it!! Family/vacation comes after about a month. Then I'm taking pretty much the second half of nov through the middle of jan off. Going to enjoy my toys, then coming back to the sandbox for another six months. [:)]

I went from the top of the line H/K to the D2 and never looked back

I've got a buddy in LA running a Khorn HT setup (he's using a cornwall center KL20s all around, I'm trying to get him on this forum!). It didn't even cross my mind to ask what he was running when i posted this. Sure enough, he's using an Anthem! Swears by it's 2-channel capacity as well (d2v). I've heard his system before. Anthem just jumped to the top of the list. [:)]