Klipsch La Scala amp choice

seagull

Hi

This is my first post, I live in London England and I too have La Scala 11's in cherry. I bought them one at a time, the first La Sala 11 I aquired in July 2009 and I listened for 2 years in single speaker mono. Even one La Sala 11 in mono had true greatness,(see Jimmy Hughe's review in Hi Fi + no 77 "Back to Mono" of my La Scala 11), it was far superior to my previous pair of Heresy 1111's. I aquired the second La Scala 11 in July this year, I finally had stereo again, the performance is life changing.

Last year I was searching for a high quality low output intergrated amp with XLR balanced connection. After months of looking I aquired the Luxman L550A11 amp, the only suitable amp tube or solid state I could find. For the last 30 years I have used various tube amps, this is the first solid state amp I have used since the 70's. The Luxman is 20 watts pure class A and has proved to be a perfect match for La Scala 11's. The sound is as see through and effortless as tubes, the dynamic extremes are far superior and the mid to lower mid bass is extremely lean, clean and tight.

I have been a Hi-Fi enthusiast since 1971, in the 1980/90's I was a Hi End audio dealer and UK distributor for Impulse horn loaded loudspeakers. Because of the La Scala 11's history, provenence, specification, build quality and life changing performance I consider them to be the greatest speakers in audio history. I have spoken to the current UK Klipsch distributor and he tells me there is very few La Scala 11's in the country, no more than 4 or 5 pairs.

Hey Gary, I'm glad you joined us! I'm glad you picked up another La Scala, after all, we have two ears, right!!! [Y] lol.gif

Congratulations on being one of the few La Scala owners in the U.K.! Can you post pictures? I'd love to see them.

Again, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums and we're glad you are here.

Dennie

I have spoken to the current UK Klipsch distributor and he tells me there is very few La Scala 11's in the country, no more than 4 or 5 pairs.

Gary, welcome to the forums! Who is the Klipsch distributor in the UK? We had a fellow on here who kept trying to get in touch with the powers that be about selling in the UK. He is from Dartmouth (wow... is it ever pretty there!), but could never get anything back from the US Klipsch folks.

I have some original La Scalas, and they are so magical hooked up to my 2A3 amps. Glad you are enjoying the LS IIs.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...