Need New Subwoofer

derrickdj1

I have the Icon V series HT with an old sub from klipsch HT 500 system. I like the sub, but I want the room shaking bass for movies. My system's crossover is at 100 on the avr. Looking for opions on what size, and type would work well with this system. The avr is 7.1 so 2 subs is not an option, I think.

Pioneer SC 35 avr (140w/channel)

Klipsch VF 35 Towers

Klipsch VS 14's Front Height

Klipsch VS 14's Surrounds

Klipsch VS 15's Surround Back

Klipsch VC 25 center

Klipsch SW from Klipsch 500 HT (100w-200 w peek)

I like the sub, but I want the room shaking bass for movies. Looking for opions on what size, and type would work well with this system.

What size is your room(L x W x H)? Budget? Where are you located?

The avr is 7.1 so 2 subs is not an option, I think.

Even with a 7.1 receiver you can use (2) subs, just buy an RCA Y-splitter. With that said, two identical subs would probably work best.

Bill

My system is in the family room 20x14 with 10ft. ceiling. It opens up to the kitchen but that is not a problem. My budget is around $500. I thought about a Klipsch sub but I see on the forum people also use other brands. With subs I do not have to worry about the voice match problem. This is my first theater that did not not come in one box, lol. Thanks for the help. You have a very nice setup by the way!