Paradigm sub?

GBShade684

Bull,

Ha, I would have to have the money in my pocket to have it burning through! Just want to make sure I consider all my options and come into it with an open mind. I am rather unbiased at this point, having never owned a sub. Want to do my homework before I make the plunge. But sounds like the def tech is a no go. My brother-in-law has a def tech 5.1 and really likes it, that is what made me consider the super cube.

I had a Klipsh SW12 hit by lightning and Mirage1000W 12' Blew up real good..
So a pair of not to shabby of subs and if I didn't know anything else I would be happy with that level.
But I have got to tell you if you can wait for a SVS to come along it will be worth the wait.
I never thought there could be that much difference but this thing just flat out blows me away.
I paid 700 for mine worth every penny.

Remember you are going to pay more for a "Name brand".

Thats just the way it is and I knew that when I bought my Def Tech trinity. I did find a demo for 1/2 price but still "overpaid". I intend to get a lot of that % back at resale because of the name.

SVS, Hsu, Epik etc are internet direct so have no middle men. As the market gets knowledrgable these brands rise in consumer confidence.

Epik conquest was supposed to be the end all in consumer subs. No longer made. Why is beyond my comprehension as a business owner. If you make the best; continue !

Epik has a killer sub (their current best) for about $800. Claims down to 15hz IIRC ! I would seriously look at that I I had your budget.

Try begging and tell her if things get tight you can flip it for 700Wink

You raise a profoundly good, and wife friendly, point. If you buy something like this that is in demand for less than it's market value, it is actually an investment. At worse case, you break even. That is precisely one of the reasons I like the heritige line of klipsch speakers. I feel like I am simply parking my money. I can allways cash them in whenever I want.

Rage,

You think it is worth it eh? Home sale is looking like it will go through. I will be sitting pretty in about 10 days if it does. Wife was very resistant to the idea yesterday. Thinks I should go with something more room appropriate until we move into a house where I can build a dedicated theater room. I don't necessarily disagree, but if I buy this one now for a good deal, I may not need to buy a new one for a long long time. I'll keep chipping away. I'll keep everyone updated. Even if I don't get this one, I'm sure I'll find something in the $200-$300 range. After hearing me talk about $600 for so long, that would sound great, right?