McIntosh XD717 question

Matthews

I know nothing about these speakers. I don't need them but can't decide if I want them. Sister picked them up for $150 and offered to sell them to me for the same. Is this a classic loud speaker well worth grabbing up? Do they have a good potential to need some updates/repairs. Any information greatly appreciated.

316641_10150352839613283_628393282_83129

Always good to see you my Friend! Those do look like nice speakers....

txd717.jpg

3-way floor system has 12" woofer, 6-1/2 mid and 1" soft dome tweeter. Walnut veneer cabinet. Black grille cloth.

Main and tweeter fuses are located at the back of the cabinet.

Crossover frequencies: at 350Hz and 1kHz
Impedance: 8 ohms
Output: 87dB @1w/1m
Power rating: 100w
Size: 37-3/4"H, 17-1/2"W and 11-13/16"D
Weight: 66 lb.
Sold from: 1986 to 1990
Last retail price: $799.00 each

You would probably need to update the capacitors, but I'm sure someone here can walk you through it.

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Always good to see you my Friend!

Likewise Dennie, life is good [:)]

Thanks all, now have a set of McIntosh loudspeakers for the bedroom of my new house. Will run them thru SYSTEM II. Shoot, did not even know McIntosh made speakers. Will be December before I can give any updates, doing a complete gut and remodel of the new pad. Have even incorporated a special little insulated corner wall for one of the 7's in the remodel. Pretty exciting stuff for me.

Rock on my Friends ? ? ?

Always good to see you my Friend!

Likewise Dennie, life is good Smile

Thanks all, now have a set of McIntosh loudspeakers for the bedroom of my new house. Will run them thru SYSTEM II. Shoot, did not even know McIntosh made speakers. Will be December before I can give any updates, doing a complete gut and remodel of the new pad. Have even incorporated a special little insulated corner wall for one of the 7's in the remodel. Pretty exciting stuff for me.

Rock on my Friends ? ? ?

Very Cool Matt, keep us posted!

Dennie