Denon AVR-4311CI OR Yamaha RX-A3010 AVENTAGE

A1UC

My last NAD was in the 90's, very nice sounding with music.The NAD's and Rotels etc...of the world are in another class as far as musicality.They generally don't have cutting edge features unless you pay out the wazoo for the deluxe models, even then it may not have the features of a low end Onkyo.The claim to fame is the sound for those that make that the total priority.

• Moderators

I have been seriously considering this NAD pre/pro if I could liquidate enough gear before the ad is gone.

Good luck Bill. I know you really enjoy NAD and even tried to pursuade me to buy one before buying the Emotiva UMC-1. Who knows, maybe it will take you a bit to sell some of your gear and by then the seller will be willing to come down further on his price. :)

• 3 months later...

FWIW, this review of the Yammy A3000 may be worth a read.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/rx-a3000

As far as Audyssey vs YPAO, I believe based on the write ups I've seen of YPAO that XT32 applies considerably higher resolution filters (FIR filters with thousands of points per channel versus presumably parametric EQ with ~ 1/6 octave resolution*). Of course which you think sounds better is another story.

*1/6 octave figure from here: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/rx-z7-7.1/rx-z7-configuration

Thanks for posting.

That is a stunning review for sure, as well as the high marks that "WhatHiFi" gave to the new rxa3010.

Having purchased my first Yamaha avr, a bit older Yamaha rxv, and I'm quite impress with the sound. It is better than the Denon stereo receiver and Pioneer Elite integrated amp I had before. I never realized Yamaha was as good as it is untill owning one.

Coming from an audiophile back ground, Yamaha is the closest to what separates have given me, so I'm ready for the new Adventage Series when I can afford to make the purchase.