home theater

NOZ

I currently have a pair of La scalas that I am using as my home theater main fronts. I just bought a pair of RF-7's to replace them, and am going to sell the La-scalas.I get the RF-7's in a day or so. Just wondering if I made a mistake. Any opinions.

NOZ,

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum. The only potential mistake is having to sell the La Scalas. You did not say what center & surrounds were used with the La Scalas, nor which ones will be used with the RF-7's.

If funds and space were available, I would keep the La Scalas and build a two channel music only system around them. However, if you must sale them, you should list them here first, with photos if you have them.

Best of luck in your decision.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 05-09-2002 at 04:19 PM

thanks,

I have a paradigm C300 center, polk R40 rear, and velodyne sub. All to be replaced with R-7 series.

My surround unit is a Harman Kardon AVR7000. If I do end up selling the La scalas I will definately try to sell them here first.

i am doing the same thing, all R-7 stuff...

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003623.html

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id95.htm

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

NOZ, how do you like that HK7000? How does it compair in features to the 8000?

HK doesn't have any info on their web site on the 7000.

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

To moon,

The H/K 7000 has got grunt, it will give you a message, but mostly on the credit of the La scalas. The 8000 has a few more watts, I think 15 more per channel, that might get you 1 more db. It,s got 7.1, but I think thats about it. I'm very pleased with it, considering the cost of the 8000. $4000.00 Canadian. I got the 7000 about 6 months ago for $1600.00 Can. after digging. Takes a little getting used to for settings and stuff but quite happy with it. She's a little heavy "warping the platform it sits on",49lbs, but for the the price I don,t think you can beat it.

Ya, I seen on harmans web site they have an outlet store where you can buy factory referbished stuff. They have the 7000 listed for $790.00 american... I soooo wish I would have seen this before I bought my 520.

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

mOOn,

It rocks pretty good, I've had a few friends drop by to listen. They leave all ****ed-up looking, it's pretty funny. Put on Training Day, when there's the gun shoot out, even I went "WOW", can't wait to see how the 7's measure up to the La scalas, get some space back into the room.

I may keep them, they are great for outdoor parties.

I've only had them outside once, they sound amazing from about two hundred feet away. Other than that I'm probably not going to use them. If I could get around $1700 U.S. for them I would most likely let them go. They are in great shape. Newer style black laquer.

I figure if I can cover the cost of the RC-7 and the RS-7's, It might be worth it for me, since I will have no place to put them. They will be greatly missed.

Sean