Beatles Box Sets

Rick

I am wondering if anyone has first hand experience with both the mono and stereo versions of the Beatles box sets?

I want to get one of them sometime soon, but keep going back and forth as to which one to purchase. I like the packaging of the mono set better. I like the fact that it is smaller, and I like the way the CDs are packaged to resemble mini LPs. But I like the fact that the stereo set has all of the Beatles albums, where the mono set is missing a few.

I care about sound quality over all else. I know there are a ton of reviews on the internet, but I'd like to get any members input before I choose which one to purchase.

Thanks in advance...

I have both the stereo version and the mono version. When listening to the stereo version I found that this is a crisper remaster and find myself hearing things I once did not hear before burried in the mix. The mono version is quite special in itself because these are the actual masters that they focused on and perfected. They sound completely different than the stereo versions IMO. I tend to listen to the mono version more.

If anything buy the mono version before they get completly sold out then save up for the stereo version.

-e

I have both the stereo version and the mono version. When listening to the stereo version I found that this is a crisper remaster and find myself hearing things I once did not hear before burried in the mix. The mono version is quite special in itself because these are the actual masters that they focused on and perfected. They sound completely different than the stereo versions IMO. I tend to listen to the mono version more.

If anything buy the mono version before they get completly sold out then save up for the stereo version.

-e

Thanks for the input. I have been leaning towards the mono set all along. Like I said I like the packaging better, and I agree that it would be wise to get the mono set first, before they are sold out and become very expensive to purchase. I do already have the "Red" and "Blue" album stereo remasters, and I think they sound very good too.

Anyhow, thanks again...

When listening to the stereo version I found that this is a crisper remaster and find myself hearing things I once did not hear before burried in the mix.

I agree, the stereo re-masters have been "re-freshed" in a very nice way, some of it is quite subtle, but will really stand out to those who know the songs well. I also have all the original mono cd's but now find myself listening to the re-masters only, You won't go wrong either way you choose.