Substitute for C3

Glarrownage

Hey guys, recently my C3 was "misplaced" and since they are near impossible to find now I was hoping someone could shed some light on which speaker would be a good substitute.

My fronts are F3 and my receiver is a Denon 3312, I was considering eventually adding an amp as well. Am I stuck with buying a C-2 or would I be better off going with something like an RC-62?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

That's unfortunate sorry man. I just browsed real quick and found no c-3s for sale anywhere.. I would think your best bet would probably be a C-2 or one of the new C-20s but the cosmetics have changed a bit. Or as you said you could upgrade to a reference RC- but not sure how well it would match your F-3s. If you're patient I'm sure a C-3 will pop up sooner or later but who knows when and what condition. Hopefully someone else could shed some light on this for you.

You can either be patient and wait unitl one comes around or you can forget about the exact match issue and go with the best center you can find for the amount of money you're willing to spend. The center is so important in the audio track that I would go with the better center. The only other option I can think of would be to go with C4 [:P] Good Luck