New System I Need Help

trifi98

AV DENON 5803 thx

RF7 PACKGE SPEAKER PLUS EXTRA PAIR RS 7 FOR SURROUND SUB IS RSW15.

DVD PIONEER 434 PROGRESSIVE

POWER CONDITIONER Furman spike/conditioneer

tv 36 inch hitachi pc ready (monitor) hdtv direct view

speaker wire Liberty Cable 12 gauge thx ucl3

also i have extra 3 pairs of Carver 5.1 surround dipolar.

HT ROOM SIZE IS 10X20

I NEED HELP WITH

SPEAKER PLACEMENT - SURROUND AND SUB. suround in corner vs directly behind.6th channel will be side walls.

SPEAKER WIRE

I HAVE A ROLL OF 500 FT OF THX Monster 14 gauge thx ucl3.

should i replace the Liberty 12 logic says "no"

do i need to replaced the Sub rsw15 cable??

all interconnects are Liberty thx certified coax

component video cable are liberty too

i need opinion on OPTICAL VS COAX FOR DVD OUTPUT.

please advise.

THANKS

TRIFI98@YAHOO.COM

ps:

i also have 4 Bose 901 with Sansui 160 watts with DBX studio components 20 yrs old (only owner) and still impressively kicking!!!. BUT CAN'T WAIT TO HOOK MY RF7 PCKGED.

Wow! Congratulations on your purchase, welcome to the board.

That's a lot of sound for 200 square feet!Smile.gif I think I might have went with an extra RC7 (or two) for the rear instead of two RS-7's. Sounds like the acoustics in the room will be challenging, and you will have quite a bit of 'trial and error' with speaker placement until you find something just right. There is a lot of expertise in this forum, I'm sure you will get some good advice to help you out. Enjoy!

-PB

Congratulations on your new Theater System. I agree with PB, you may find that an additional pair of RS in the rear will provide too much ambient sound. Hopefully, you can return one pair if you find the same. I would at a minimum get one RC-7 for rear center use, if your receiver give you that option. But two RC-7's would be a far better match for the rear, with the RS's as sides.

You will have to experiment with placement to get the best sound. Oh yea, go to Radio Shack and get an Analog Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Meter about $40.00. Also get a DVD system setup Disc. You'll need these two to accurately balance the speaker levels for Fronts/Center/Rears and Sub.

You've got a fun weekend ahead.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

I'm impressed too,trifi98!

Have you read your Denon manual regarding speaker placement? If your room allows,I would set your speakers up just as the manual shows. RS-7 sides,and as already stated above,one or two RC-7 rears.

My HT room is 16X20 and I too thought I might use two pair of KSP-S6 surrounds for good surround coverage. I found one pair to be quite sufficient in my room.

If you need additional punishment you could eventually add another pair of RF-7's or RF-5's for "B" surrounds and switch off the RS-7 side "A" surrounds for music, if you have musical aspirations.The manual shows good placement for any situation you might desire.

Whatever you decide, it ain't gonna sound shabby!

Good luck,and let us know what you hear.

Keith

Reply: Part 2

The Munster wire will be OK, IMO.

I'm not big on costly sub cables myself. I found that an Acoustic Research sub cable ( www.accessories4less.com ) sounded better than a Munster sub cable I had used previously.

Speaker wire/interconnect discussions tend to create a freeforall around here, so no comment(use what you have).

I've tried both optical and coaxial interconnects with my DVD player and noticed no difference.I use coaxial,though. May come into play if you are limited by inputs/outputs in the future. Your choice!

Good luck!

Keith