Active Crossovers- Need Advice!

kevinmi

I recently bought a Pyle Pro active crossover to see if I like the idea of an active crossover vs a passive. I do like the active crossover, but the Pyle has too much background hum for me. Does anybody have a recomendation for an active crossover that is quiet? I've also had a Behringer 2496 that was too noisy for me. I don't need the time delay or all the other fancy stuff, just a basic crossover with various crossover points and seperate volume controls. Thanks in advance for your advice!

I've only used the Dx38 so I don't know much about others.

Colter currently has it on loan. It's 2-in, 4 out (XLR) with dsp/delay.

When he's done with it, you are welcome to try it out. I can simply have him ship it to you instead of me, then when you're done, you can ship it back to me. (might be after New Years before he is done)

Food for thought.

Heathkit XO-1 tube crossover. Perfect for two way horn system e.g. Altec. Of course can be used for three way just send the lows only to the woofer directly and the upper frequencies to the crossover in the speaker such as LaScals. Great selection of crossover points also. Thats what I have been using for a couple years. Other tube ones out there also.

I do like the active crossover, but the Pyle has too much background hum for me. Does anybody have a recomendation for an active crossover that is quiet?

http://www.rane.com/pdf/ac23sdat.pdf

http://www.electrovoice.com/sitefiles/downloads/DC-One_EDS_V1.0.pdf