New Khorns and VAC system

Ducatista

Ah...simplicity! congratulations on a nicely put together system, I am sure you are enjoying the music emerging from the combination of components. As time goes on I would be interested in hearing your opinions about the switch from your previous speakers to the k-horns. IMHO both Quads and Maggies are the speakers that most closely resemble the k-horns in "family values" and it seems that lovers of those speakers often like the k-horns. But as with all audio issues taste is a key factor and your observations of weaknesses and strengths versus the Quads would be very interesting to me. Meanwhile, enjoy the music and welcome to our forum! Warm regards, Tony

It is indeed a simple system. My previous system consisting of Quads and top of the line VAC gear was much more complicated.

The Quads are remarkable in clarity and convey a strong sense of transparency. Especially wonderful with human voice. Quad weaknesses are most apparent in terms of dynamics and the ability to convincingly convey the weight and impact of a symphony orchestra. The khorns tucked into the corners do not dominate the room to the extent the Quads did ... that never really bothered me. I like them both, but I decided to move to Khorns paired with the new VAC integrated amplifier.

Thanks.