Need help finding narrow amp w/remote

mustang guy

My parents have a very nice built in unit we just put a new 55" Samsung LED SmartTV in. They really need a receiver, but the builder did not have the 17" standard in mind when he built the thing. I think they have about 14" to work with. The perfect solution would be an AVR that is only 14" wide, but they do not exist, unless you buy a mini system like the NAD.

The TV allows for external speakers, but will not control the volume of them. I will need to use a digital input into a T-AMP with a remote control or a narrow integrated amp with a remote control. Or I could use a regular AVR, and a remote repeater. I want to avoid tube amps due to the cost, heat, and the fact that it would be wasted on my non-audiophile parents.

I have thought about using the Klipsch G-42 as the speaker and a T-AMP, but for that, I would need a 3 channel T-AMP with a sub out, and a remote control. It does not exist.

Normally I can wade through problems like this easily, but for some reason this is confusing me.

I'm just going to get them a normal sized AVR, and figure out a way to get it to fit. The stereo CD mini devices everybody has are terribly limited and regularly overpriced. For instance the Teac ref stuff if I get a receiver 50wattX2 and the CD player it is almost $2,000. The Marantz 50wattX2 / 25wattX4 is $800 if you get it bluetooth ready. I can buy a whole lot of receiver for that much, and it will do a lot more. Not to mention there would be money for a nice Kllipsch suround system like the Gallery line.

If anybody has any tips on hiding a receiver completely, let me know. I have heard of remote repeaters, but have not had first hand experience with them. I recon the display would come right through the TV screen, so any pertinent information could be displayed there.

Can't you put the receiver in the basement or in the next room and use a remote control, remote relay unit?

Yup. That's about the only way to pull this off. Somehow when I started on this I was unclear on what would be the best course of action. Maybe because it is for my perfectionist father. [:)]