RE SW-112 0r SW 110

merkin

I have just recently upgraded my upstairs system from Quintet II's to RS35 RB's, RC 35 center and RS 35 surrounds. The sound is a lot better. Now for the sub. I have a ksw 10 which came with the quintet system. It is set off center left since room lay out dictates that. I have been thinking of putting in a front firing front ported small sub in the cabinet under the TV. This systems is used for mostly watching TV and if I want some serious special effects and such I use my down stairs system with the SVS 12/2 ultra. I would also like the upstairs sub to help with the music from the RB 35's. As before if I'm in to serious listening I go down stairs and listen to my belles. The space in the cabinet has 16 inches in height and a good 24 inches in depth to work with. The width is a goo 36 inches. I thought I might be able to squeeze a sw112 in there. If not a sw 110. I was wondering if these would keep up with my RB 35's or if I should look at the velodyne mini series 10,s and 8s. I would be open for any other suggestions. Any suggestion would have to be front firing with out any passive to rear or down. This sub will not be used for serious HT more just as a boost for the low end for TV and music.

The room and space that it will be used in is about 20 x 35 great room with 8 foot ceilings and hard wood floors.

I would like any input from anyone that has any of these subs for there opinion on them.

Thanks

Keith

I don't have/haven't hear these subs, but that's a large room and as such, I would recommend the biggest, badest sub you can afford.

I understand that but I am limited in the size since it has to fit in the cabinet. I also realize that this isn't going to be perfect. I just wanted more of a assessment on how those subs compare to each other and how they will work with the 35's.

I use the SW-110's in various rooms. Great performance. Then again I like the subs to complement the main speakers, not overwhelm them or become the focal point of the freqs in the program material.

I've actually used the small XW-300D in a 30 x 24 room with very good results. But then again, my idea of "thump" is conservative...

[H]

I when out and got the SW-112. It was a tight squeeze but it just fits. Had to remove the rubber feet and it just makes it. I like the sound better than the KSW 10 and it is a much cleaner sounding sub. I chose the sw-112 series for the front firing and front port. Works well in cabinet. I haven't gotten it completely tuned in yet but it is working well. So far a definit thumbs up.