Looking for new speakers

luvthesnow

I have a Pioneer VSX-1020 Audio/Video receiver and close purchasing a Sony KDL-55HX820 TV.
I would like your recommendation for a home theater speaker system. Not sure how to go about matching everything so it all works properly.
The components are in a smaller room measuring 12' X 17'

I have been looking around a bit, as you know there are a lot of options and when I do purchase I want to make sure everything works together.
That's why I'm asking your opinions.

Due to the smaller room I don't like the cluttered look so I don't want to go too big but afraid the sound quality may not be good in a smaller speaker.

I like "best bang for the buck". As of now I'm thinking 1500.00 for a system. If I decide that more is needed to do this properly I'll put up with what I have till I save enough rather than buying something cheaper and not being happy with it.

I prefer new

For that dollar amount I would get the Klipsch WF-35 surround sound system from newegg.com when they go on special. You should be able to pick up Two WF-35s, 1 WC-24, and 2 WB-14s for around $1000.00 and get a $500.00 sub or trade out the two WB-14s for two WS-24 surrounds and get a $300.00 sub. They've been on special recently, so you'll want to subscribe to their e-blast deals so you can grab them at that price. I'd recommend this set-up first for the clean look and smaller cabinet size. With some pacients and looking you might be able to get the RF-62 II system for $1500.00 and add a sub later. A third option, if you like Reference, would be to get the 5.1 bookshelf system. With a good sub it would likely do quite well in your room.

That budget will get you your front three and maybe a sub.

If he shops around and is patient he can get all of it. This past weekend he could have had the entire WF-35 five channel system and two RW-12ds for $1550.00. On the other hand, getting a high end front three and a sub is a good way to stars. The surrounds can be added later.

Until I read what his budget was I was going to tell him to buy 1 Cornwall III, 2 (new) Khorn's, 6 La Scala II's, 2 Heresy III's, and 2 Danley DST-10's for a fairly nice little 9.2 HT setup. It would have left just enough room for a single chair in the middle of the room.

Darn! [:P]

RF 62ii's are the perfect size for sound balance IMO. There is an almost new cherry pair for sale in the garage sale section. Check them out. U could actually have the front 3 of an rf62 system used for $850 out of the garage sale. Add 2 rw-12d subs from newegg for $600 and get the surrounds later. That is a killer setup for under $1900.

as much as i like the WF series, i feel they have a particular place in the audio world and your situation doesnt seem to call for them. I would suggest the rf-62 II's and its matching parts for your system. I normally suggest the RF-82's as i consider them a small speaker, especially in comparison the the RF-7's i have. The rf-62 II's as said by JJC is a very good balance between size and output. 6"-6.5" woofers are really great for hifi sound IMO and really the smallest size one should get to really enter the hifi world. They have good balance and are quite versatile. I have WF-35's and i think they are great but they just dont have that strong low end presence that you get the with rf-62's or rf-82's which are even better IMO. I would suggest you start with 2 rf-62 II's and and rc-62 II. You can always buy a sub later and is the easiest piece to mate with your system as they are not sensitive to timbre match like bookshelfs, surrounds and centers are mainly because subs dont have tweeters.