Need help hooking up my H/T system !

davis419b

I admitted defeat and called my guru buddy who set it up the first time. Luckily he had some time and came over and got it going in about 15 minutes. I am a happy camper !

Good deal. remember if you get confused, the signal wires just flow like water, you come out of one piece of gear and go into the next. The only part that is confusing is knowing which connections are audio/video or both.

In this case I had everything hooked up correcrly but some of the programming had been lost. He had to go back in and tell the receiver which opticals to look for, they were searching for something else.

The only part that is confusing is knowing which connections are audio/video or both.

Nice patronization. This thread wouldn't exist if it were any less confusing to Don. Dog

Quiet_Hollow, I am with you on that ! There needs to be a dictionary in the back of the manual so you can find out what all of the abreviations mean. Its not like 2-Channel.

I'm glad to hear that you got it back up and running. I just went through the same thing when I moved my surround back upstairs and had to program everything over again and I've done this a lot and still had to pull all the manuals back out to get everything programed back in. The book is still out so I can run the testing for the surround but it can be a real PITA.