Paladia TV and junk sound....

Quiet_Hollow

It's tv, therefore it's incredibly compressed!

[:^)] ...I'm stumped. Other networks sound just fine for cable. No doubt here's compression, but the mix sounds completely off. My music channels blow Paladia out of the water. Kinda bummed because of the great HD performances otherwise. You hear what I'm hearing?

• Moderators

Is it cable or satellite that you have? We get it on Dish network and the sound is not good in 2 CH but when I switch it to Ht is sounds pretty good, not like a dvd but good. This may be my receiver doing this because it comes in in 5.1, I don't know.

They do have some good shows on sometimes, HDNet on Sunday's also has concerts all day if I remember correctly, I think it's all day?

http://www.hd.net/programs/hdnet-concert-series/

I've got Time Warner Cable (TWC). I don't have surround sound, but my receiver always provides an excellent downmix.

..not like a dvd but good.

Pretty much the same thing here. Do you notice a positive change in audio quality when the comercials come on during a break?

I honestly believe Paladia's feed is messed up. Like the roadies are told to keep patching into the monitor mix instead of the aux, and we get crap sound every time. ~sigh~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Do you notice a positive change in audio quality when the comercials come on during a break?

Not really, but there own commercial thing which is usually just music and some kind of animation is usually much louder than the show which is annoying and suprising.