Where do you buy your Klipsch Speakers

MattG

I have been doing my homework and have been eyeing Klipsch speakers. I have heard the ProMedia v.2-400 and I was impressed. The only info I have is what is found here at this web site. I am considering a serious upgrade to my home theater system. Where is the best place to get good deals on Klipsch speakers? Do all authorized dealers sell at MSRP? I currently have ancient Pioneer CS-822 boxes with Radio Shack replacement woofers, using cheap Sony center and surrounds, powered by a Optimus STAV-3570 (only ProLogic) No Sub. As you can tell I am in need of an upgrade!!!!!

Do a dealer search to find a few near you, some dealers will haggle with you and others will say this is the price and we aren't going to budge. I don't like spending that much with an online store so I got mine locally from a large chain dealer. I was able to get them durring some of the stores sales (I bought my fronts first then got the center and rears later) and saved about 20-25% off MSRP on the speakers. I'm sure you know you should always try to audition anything you think you might be interested in.

------------------

Yamaha HTR-5150

SF-1

SC-1

SS-1

KSW-150

I was in the same boat as you as to deciding where to buy my HT from. The best deals by far are online, but you won't get a valid warranty, no matter what they say. There are a couple places that you'll get a warranty from because they're 'authorized dealers', but you'll pay the MSRP for the equipment, the same you'd pay at your local dealer. So, my advice is to do what the other poster suggested, wait for a sale at your local dealer. I got all mine at a '50% of normal markup sale' and saved $600 alone on speakers and $300 off my receiver.

The nearest dealer is 90+ miles away. I do want to audition the speakers but I have been trying to narrow the VERY broad choices down to a couple of brands and styles. This process also includes price range. I have to admit that I had never heard of nor read about Klipsch untill my wife's sister bought the v2-400's and asked me to hook them up. My life will forever be changed!! biggrin.gif Hey okinawamike, those are the best prices I have seen on Klipsch speakers. In fact its the only place below MSRP I have been to. I thought I had found the deal of the century but then I realized everything was broken down into individual speaker prices not in pairs. It will still be awile before I can afford my new HT but thanks for the info. I am leaning toward the Reference Series, would anybody like to convince me otherwise? Say, to the Legend Series or Synergy Series.

Are these "real" KLIPSCH that these online dealers are selling? I have never heard of anyone actually getting a fraudulent KLIPSCH. The warranty is important but you take the risk sometimes.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300