Just got my onkyo tx nr709 in.

JasonJCarney

Actually I did take a look at the vtf-15h. Thought alot about it because it has the ability to sort of eq itself with port blocking and so forth. I am looking for a little more depth out of a sub and those seem to be able to provide that.

FWIW, both the SVS PB12+ and the aforementioned Rythmik outperform the VTF-15H down low (25Hz and below). The Rythmik was the standout in the Audioholics comparison with a fair output advantage through most of the range, although the updated PB12+ will offer a bit more output down low (20Hz mark).

I just don't see me spending that much on 2 subs before trying the a7-450 or a7-350.

The only thing I have against them is that there is nothing in the way of objective data on either and precious little in the way of subjective reviews. They do look menacing though.

Actually I did take a look at the vtf-15h. Thought alot about it because it has the ability to sort of eq itself with port blocking and so forth. I am looking for a little more depth out of a sub and those seem to be able to provide that.

FWIW, both the SVS PB12+ and the aforementioned Rythmik outperform the VTF-15H down low (25Hz and below). The Rythmik was the standout in the Audioholics comparison with a fair output advantage through most of the range, although the updated PB12+ will offer a bit more output down low (20Hz mark).

I just don't see me spending that much on 2 subs before trying the a7-450 or a7-350.

The only thing I have against them is that there is nothing in the way of objective data on either and precious little in the way of subjective reviews. They do look menacing though.
I can tell you will have a review on two of them soon.