SW line opinions?

abjonesiii

Really been wrestling with getting a second sub over the past month. I have asked around here a bit and poked through shops looking for deals. I currently am running a rsw10-d and am pleased with it. I have had a few good deals roll by recently and the most recent is another rsw10-d brand new for 499.00. Which would match what I have and blend seamlessly.

But then I read about the sw115 coming out and am curious. I could get a pair of those.

My hang up is that it seems a bit cheap for a 15 and rather plain in build. I worry that Klipsch may have cut some conners in getting the prices down on the whole sw line of Subs.

So while no one knows about the sw115 at this point there are sw line sub owners out there. And while the 15 should dig deeper its sonic character should be similar to whats being seen out of the other woven woofers.

So you guys that have sw subs how would you compare the sound and quality to that of the older klipsch subs?

Anyone think that I should pull the trigger on the other rsw10-d or could the new 15's possible blow the very clean and accurate rsw10d out the window?

Sorry to be vague, but it's hard to have an opinion on a sub that no one outside the manufacturer has heard. It might be a huge fart box or it could be the best offering Klipsch has ever produced. Most likely it'll be somewhere inbetween. I don't think you can take opinions of current offerings and somehow create a tangible opinion of the sub that's yet to hit, but that's just me.

My hang up is that it seems a bit cheap for a 15 and rather plain in build. I worry that Klipsch may have cut some conners in getting the prices down on the whole sw line of Subs.

I was thinking the same thing. While I would want it to be affordable, it "should" essentially be a flagship model at the top of the heap.

Anyone think that I should pull the trigger on the other rsw10-d

As I mentioned before, I am actively looking for another cherry RSW-10d so I can run twins up front right and left. That would still not get you to sub 20Hz levels. Find a used sealed sub like my Paradigm Servo 15a or a Velodyne HGS-15 and either one will complement your RSW-10d musically and dig to the depths for HT. How about an RSW-15?

Bill