Upgrade from Heresy II

Pancakehead

Hello, new to forum. I have been searching and reading posts for awhile because I think I would like to upgrade from my Heresy II's I have had for 4 years now. I have an all tube setups with 2A3 SET amps. I have tried to keep my eye on the used market for some of the bigger heritage line. My system is in a 13' x 17' room along the short wall with corners available. I listen to a wide range of music; jazz, rock, & blues and not at earth shattering volumes. I have read alot of threads discussing the differences in the various models but I keep wondering is my space big enough for Cornwall, La Scala, or Klipschorn to sound at their best?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Well, it sounds like you have the space and the corners for Klipschorns so, I would go that route.

The word is that 2A3 set and the Khorn is a wonderful combo. If Khorns are out of the question then I would fully recommend the La Scala.....a fully horn loaded speaker is hard to beat.

Guest David H

There are alot of good Klipsch Heritage speakers out there. I have owned all of the Heritage line except the Belle's, and I have always been partial to the Cornwall's.

Dave

I have read alot of threads discussing the differences in the various models but I keep wondering is my space big enough for Cornwall, La Scala, or Klipschorn to sound at their best?

Will they sound their best in a small space, no. Will they sound great, yes.

Welcome to the forum.

I have owned Heresys, Lascalas, Belles and continue to own Cornwalls, and in my room and the type of music I listen to,(which is a wide variety of genres), I have preferred the Cornwalls.

I like the other models I have owned, but, the Cornwalls seemed to reproduce all the different genres of music well, where the others seemed to favor certain genres more than others. That may be attributed to my room, equipment, placement of speakers, or, my hearing.

Try to find resources,(other forum members, perhaps), in your area to check out the different models.

Tom

I am going to keep my eyes on the used market in my area. What about Forte? Is that a worthwhile upgrade from Heresy? There are a bunch for sale on craigslist around me.

Also I have thought about going to a dealer and hearing Cornwalls although I doubt I would buy new. Are III's similar to II's?

I am going to keep my eyes on the used market in my area. What about Forte? Is that a worthwhile upgrade from Heresy? There are a bunch for sale on craigslist around me.

Also I have thought about going to a dealer and hearing Cornwalls although I doubt I would buy new. Are III's similar to II's?

I don't think anybody mentioned that you can also buy a heresy II upgrade kit for your Heresy II's. Call the sales counter for pricing.

Fortes have been described as a heresy with bass. Kind of like comparing Cornscala (Cornwall/LaScala hybrid) to a regular laScala.

I have a pair of 85 Heresy with a new pair of CT125 tweeters. I also have a pair of Quartet, Forte, Forte ll and two pair of KLF20. The Forte is very much a Heresy with a larger cabinet and a twelve inch passive radiator. The Forte ll is the same size as a Forte but it uses a fifteen inch passive and also a Tractrix mid horn which is larger and longer than the K701 (plastic resin horn) used in a Heresy ll (and some late version Heresy) and the Forte. I prefer the Forte ll to the Forte but that's me. Both are excellent loudspeakers. Don't miss the chance to check out a pair of KLF 20 but remember the KLF20 is fitted stock with the poly tweeter diaphragms which are not as good as the phenolic which are not as good as the Titanium diaphragms. Any of these speakers fitted with Titanium mid and tweeter diaphragms will not fail to impress and satisfy you for a very long time.

I am under the impression that the Cornwall lll runs the K701 horn mid (same horn as in the Heresy ll and the forte) If I am in error someone will correct me. This was kind of a 60th anniversity thing to o retro for the Heritage sound. If I am right I would look to a Cornwall ll . The Chorus and the Chorus ll use the same fifteen inch woofer as the Cornwall but tuned lower and the Chorus ll uses the same Tractrix mid horn as the Forte ll so if you like the sound of the fifteen but want a more domestic cabinet look at a pair of Chorus. If you place any of these speakers up on stands so you have the bottom edge of the tweeter horn 38 - 40 inches off the floor you will have them in the right range when seated. Stands will help a lot. I have removed the old risers and have all mine on four post stands, The Quartets are on fourteen inch stands and the Forte are on ten inch stands and the Heresy are on eighteen inch stands. The Quartet is a ten inch woofer version of a forte ll and well worth listening to. Good luck in you search. You cannot go wrong with any of these speakers. Best regards Moray James.