7.1 MOVIE LIST

Utard

Anyone come across a new list of 7.1 movies? I found this one but it is about 1 year old. http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies-north-america/159814-list-bds-7-1-audio.html I know on video games my receiver when setup on auto surround will show R-C-L-LS-RS-LR-RR-LFE but it has never shown all 4 surrounds working when watching a movie. Are there any true 7.1 movies?

Anyone come across a new list of 7.1 movies? I found this one but it is about 1 year old. http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-movies-north-america/159814-list-bds-7-1-audio.html I know on video games my receiver when setup on auto surround will show R-C-L-LS-RS-LR-RR-LFE but it has never shown all 4 surrounds working when watching a movie. Are there any true 7.1 movies?

There aren't a ton but they aren't super rare. Lion king, the new transformers, the new pirates of the carribean. Just to name a few. It generally says on the back of the bluray case if you are looking specifically.

Hello, I have a Pioneer elite SC 35 and wanted to see 7 speakers working when I was trying everything out. I rented some dvd's from the video store that were suppose to be 7.1 movies. Popped them in and only 5 speakers lit up. I brought a blue-ray of the same movie I rented and 7 speaker lit up. Blue-rays carry the 7.1 channels but most dvd's do not; they will only have the disc in a 5.1 format. Your system can matrix the dvd to 7 channels but it is not the same experience. I use to say why spend the extra money on blue-rays when my player upconverts anyway. Now I just place my avr in auto surround and a enjoy watching it detect DTS-master, Dolby true hd and the other formats and automatically select the best playback mode.I run a 9.1 system and was watched Green Lantern the other day, and it was cool in one of the sences with a helicopter going from low to high and seeing my front height speakers handle the special effect.

I finally ran across this.

This should be easier to read.

Toy Story 3 (2010)

Step Up 3D (2010)

Megamind (2010)

Tangled (2010)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

Tron: Legacy (2010)

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (2010)

Little Fockers (2010)

Gulliver's Travels (2010)

Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)

Mars Needs Moms (2011)

Dum Maro Dum(Bollywood film)(2011)

Thor (2011)

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)

Super 8 (2011)

Cars 2 (2011)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

Bodyguard (Bollywood film) (2011)

Real Steel (2011)

The Three Musketeers (2011)

Ra.One (Bollywood film) (2011)

Don 2 (Bollywood film)(2011)

The Lion King (3D release) (2011)

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (2011)

Hugo(2011)

War Horse (2011)

Puss in Boots (2011)

Wreck-It Ralph (2012)