Qinpu Q2

ericross3

I got an Amazon gift card from my mother-in-law for Christmas. Decided to get this little beauty. It's on its way. I think it might be fun with the Heresys. I'll let people know what I think. I'm looking forward to getting more involved with these Forums as I fall more in love with my Heresys everyday. The new caps made a world of difference. I run a Dayton DTA-100a with them currently which is great.

These amps are $99 shipped from Amazon right now. Qinpu have other amps that are obviously a few steps and are very intriguing to me, if this one works well. Some of the Chinese amps get a bad rap, but the build quality is much better than some think. This company has been around for 20 years from what I hear and the reviews I've read of this amp have been favorable. For less than $100 it's worth a shot for me.

I got an Amazon gift card from my mother-in-law for Christmas. Decided to get this little beauty. It's on its way. I think it might be fun with the Heresys. I'll let people know what I think. I'm looking forward to getting more involved with these Forums as I fall more in love with my Heresys everyday. The new caps made a world of difference. I run a Dayton DTA-100a with them currently which is great.

...For those not familiar, the Quinpu Q2 is actually a hybrid amp. It uses the single tube as a Pre-Stage. The actual amplifier is transistor (or chip). So, not the same sound-stage and harmonics of a true tube amp.

Looks like a nice unit for the price!

You will probably be pleased with the Q2 Eric however I'm not sure as a hybrid how well it will drive the Heresey's but I can tell you I'm currently driving my LaScala's with the Qinpu A3 non hybrid 8.5 watt amp and am tickled pink with it's performance and build quality at this price point, I can't go full volume on my Las but was able to feed the whole amp into Seti's Heresey's and it sounded good on them as well. Kinda wishing now that I had sprinted the other $50 bones for the MK6000II 16 Watts but maybe I'll upgrade (we audio phools are known for that[:o]). Anyway I'm sure the Q2 will be an awesome headphone amp regardless of it's ability with your Heresey's.

post-18681-13819684530094_thumb.jpg

I don't expect the Q2 to replace any of the amps in the house. It was kind of an impulse buy. However, I do expect it to get moderate listening levels out of my Heresys. Which is all I can swing right now with a 3 week old and 2 year old in the house. I'm kinda dipping my pinky toe in the tube sea (as this will be my first tube piece). Talk about taking baby steps! Besides like you said it will at least make a good headphone amp. Especially with either of the two NOS tubes I bought for it this morning. I've heard nothing good about the stock Chinese tubes. What are you running in the A3?

[:o] Stock Chinese Tubes[:#] LOL

This was just a whim buy by me just to see how small an amp I could get to drive the Las with, it does a good job and allows me to watch my DVD's in the man cave[:D] Hope to one day get the funds together for a pair of VRD's or maybe a BAT VK-60 for them but like you with a 8 and 10 year old I have other priorities[;)]

Hey, it's just what I read online. They might sound good in the A3. It doesn't sound that bad in the Q2 so far. Yep, it came today listening right now. Then again I don't have anything to really compare it to, so what do I know? I'm just getting this guy going, and I like it. Plenty of volume for my needs. I really don't need much. The first new tube should be here in the next couple days I'll let you know if I notice a difference.

You will probably be pleased with the Q2 Eric however I'm not sure as a hybrid how well it will drive the Heresey's but I can tell you I'm currently driving my LaScala's with the Qinpu A3 non hybrid 8.5 watt amp and am tickled pink with it's performance and build quality at this price point,

They are all hybrid amps from what I can tell (which isn't much...)

Bruce

Still sounds pretty respectable for all that it is

That would be no different than me driving a SS amp with my tube pre. No reason it should sound bad. I was looking at the Fatman amps, but they are a little more expensive.

It's hard to find much info on these.

It would be more insteresting if they made a SS front end to drive a pair or EL84 outputs, but the output transformers would then be a larger cost.

Bruce

"That would be no different than me driving a SS amp with my tube pre"

Exactly, matter a fact I guess that is my main rig! tube pre feeding my SS PA[;)]

I think before I dove off the board to move up to the Qinpu 6000 I would look into this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-X3-EL34-x-2-pcs-EL34B-Single-ended-Vacuum-Tube-Integrated-Amplifier-/310368093716?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item4843614614 and save $125.00 at the same time[;)]

That may just be the next amp I get. This Q2 is really impressing me. Plenty of volume for what I need. Build quality that I still can't get over. Unequalized it, to me, sounds better than the DTA-100a (so much for not replacing any amps in the house). All of this and I haven't received of tried any of the "better" tubes yet. I still have some more listening to do with more genres and sources. I should be able to run a preamp into this thru the CD in shouldn't I? I don't have a stand alone phono stage, yet. Listening time may be scarce for a bit with the kids and all, plus I need to get the HK430 out and start some trouble-shooting.