K-horns Factory Update Available???

Just picked up a used pair last week.Also have a new pair.Would like to have the cabinets refinished,crossovers replaced & anything else done {RIGHT} to factory specs.

DOES THE FACTORY HAVE AN UPGRADE/REPAIR AVAILABLE?

If not,any info about where I could get this service done would be appreciated.THANKS IN ADVANCE!

fanatic,

You got a used pair of what? Factory doesn't do restorations. You are better off leaving the components in the speakers as they are if they are original and work fine....BUT...

In order for anyone on this forum to help you much in your questions, we need your speaker model name, and serial numbers...from there it can be determined the year of manufacture and what the speaker has inside of it. Info from the labels helps too. It also helps if you post pics of the speaker calling attention to the tweeter, midrange driver and horn, woofer, and cross-over network....also any cabinet damage you want repaired.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-15-2002 at 08:43 AM

Welcome to the BB klipschfanatic...

I am sure you are going to enjoy your speakers. I assume from the title of your question that you picked up a pair of K-horns, congrats!

As HDBR stated, all the information you can provide about your speakers will help with recommendations. Serial #s and crossover type are important to give helpful advice (such as "if it ain't broke don't fix it")!

------------------

2 Channel System:

'78 Khorns w/ALK networks

Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 amps

AES AE-3 Superpreamp DJH mods

McIntosh MCD 7007 CD

McIntosh MR-78 Tuner

DIYCable Twisted Cross Connect Speaker Cable

DIYCable Superlatives (preamp/amp)

DH Labs Silver Pulse interconnects (sources/preamp)

f>

s>

klipschfanatic,

I am not sure about the info you posted but the KHBB part MAY be K Horn Birch Black (are they black?).

The serial number doesn't look to be complete to me...not enough numbers unless the "7" is something else like maybe a "T"? Was the serial # on the label? Look at the top edge (rear) of the bass bin, there should be the serial # stamped into the wood there.

klipschfanatic-

The "M" makes them from 1974, should be a great year!

I just re-read your original post, so you now have 2 pair of K-horns?? Tell us more about your room and your other gear.

This message has been edited by edster00 on 05-19-2002 at 03:16 PM

Thanks for the info!

Currently have-2 pairs of K-horns &

2 pairs of Cornwall II's.Yes I have a decibel problem.

Going to build a room around my system.Figured I would aquire all of the gear first.Almost done.

Have had Klipsch for the last 20 years.Tried many,many different power sources-SS & Tube.

Have at last found an amp & pre-amp

combo that for my ears is the ultimate-EDGE ELECTRONICS M4 70 wpc.

The M4 amp & EDGE pre-amp are extremely detailed,musical & dynamic while being DEAD SILENT between notes & at idle.No more tube rush for me.Liked the EDGE M4 so much I have three of them.

Need to buy either an ARAGON stage one or SUNFIRE theater grand processor.

Last home set up was-

3 Cornwalls across the front.

2 Chorus surrounds.

2 Definitive Tech. 15" subs

YAMAHA 3090 int. amp.

Talk about moving air.

Still may get the 74 K-horns updated

depending on cost.Really do prefer 5 way binding posts.If it is too much-I will sell them.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THE MODEL YEAR & ALWAYS A PLEASURE TALKING KLIPSCH!!!

1974 K-horns should be just fine without any updating...unless there is something wrong with them. If they were mine, I wouldn't do anything other than fix any cabinet damage and then maybe install some ALK crossovers sometime.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.