Needs advice: Do a center channel (RC-62) will make a difference.

Datsun

Hello all. I always liked the audio and video, but I never had the chance to equip myself properly, until now. I bought last week a set of two RF-82 , an RPW-10 subwoofer and a Pioneer VSX-1326-K receiver (which is apparently the Canadian equivalent of the Pioneer Elite VSX-53 US model )

I must say that the sound quality of the RF-82 is truly
amazing. I'm not in a great expert in audio, but these are certainly the most accurate and most detailed speakers I have ever heard. I rediscovered my LP since I plugged my turntable on it.

My question is: Is the addition of a center channel (RC-62) will set my audio system to the next level?

What are the benefits of adding a center channel to my system?

For now when I listen to a movie, I feel a lack of high frequencies. I seem to lose the voices of the characters in the lower frequencies of music and special effects. Does the addition of a RC-62 center speaker will help me to balance my system?

Off-Topic: is it normal that I can't see any prices or a way to order on Klipsch website?

Thank you for your help!

A center speaker helps to anchor voices and dialogue to the center speaker, especially if you're not sitting directly in the middle of the main speakers. One thing to check on your receiver is to make sure that the center speaker is turned off in the setup menu.

Klipsch doesn't list pricing on discontinued speakers, only on current speakers.

You might want to give the RC-64 speaker a look, its a huge step up from the RC-62.

Bonne nuit.

This answer is more than useful! Actually I'm not necessarily always sitting right in front of my speakers, more often offset to the right side. I actually set my central speaker and the Surrounds to OFF. Also I set the RF-82 to small to allow the use of the subwoofer. I adjusted the crossover to 80Hz on the subwoofer panel as well as on the receiver.

I looked at the RC-62 mainly because the speaker is on special at $350 at a local store over here. It seemed like a good price. I would try to hear tomorrow the difference between the two speakers, perhaps can they make a good deal on the RC-64. Who knows?

Merci beaucoup cher Monsieur.

Turn you sub X/0 all the way up.
Keep on you other speakers and adjust your elite's eq on the RF 82. Try
bumping the 250 Hz and the 2 kHZ up two notches, this should help with
the voices. HT needs a center!

I will try it today, thanks!

$350 Canadian is a very good price for a RC-62. It would be worth purchasing and then if you ever found a good deal on an RC-64 you could always upgrade.

Yep, anwway it turns out that the sale was a sale online only (and now it's B/O). They no longer hold the RC-62 in the store. Only the RC-52 ...

I'll have to find another brick and mortar store that has Klipsch near Montreal.

This answer is more than useful! Actually I'm not necessarily always sitting right in front of my speakers, more often offset to the right side. I actually set my central speaker and the Surrounds to OFF. Also I set the RF-82 to small to allow the use of the subwoofer. I adjusted the crossover to 80Hz on the subwoofer panel as well as on the receiver.

I looked at the RC-62 mainly because the speaker is on special at $350 at a local store over here. It seemed like a good price. I would try to hear tomorrow the difference between the two speakers, perhaps can they make a good deal on the RC-64. Who knows?

Merci beaucoup cher Monsieur.

RF-82's are big boys. They can handle full range. But with a sub in the mix full range isn't the best option but you are probably losing something by setting the 82's as "small" in the receiver. Most AVR's have an option to manually set the crossover. if yours does switch the 82's from "small" to "80 hz". The exact same as the sub. That way the 82's pick up exactly where the sub stops. By the way I love my 82's good choice.

As per the center question. Yes you need one. And you won't know how bad you've been needing one until you get one. I run the RC-64 with my 82's.

Cheers,

RF-82's are big boys. They can handle full range. But with a sub in the mix full range isn't the best option but you are probably losing something by setting the 82's as "small" in the receiver. Most AVR's have an option to manually set the crossover. if yours does switch the 82's from "small" to "80 hz". The exact same as the sub. That way the 82's pick up exactly where the sub stops. By the way I love my 82's good choice.

As per the center question. Yes you need one. And you won't know how bad you've been needing one until you get one. I run the RC-64 with my 82's.

Cheers,

Like you can see i adjusted the RF82 back to large, but when i did it cuted the SW. Even is the SW was at YES.

Everything is adjusted to 80Hz.

Posted Image

After a few minutes to play with it, I ended up adjusting the SW at PLUS, it's playing the subwoofer and the RF82 to LARGE. It made ??a big difference, the sound is fuller.

I also adjust the EQ as derrickdj1 advised me. Actually it helped to push the voice. But I will have to add a center channel to really complete my system.

Next purchase will be a reference center channel (rc-62 or 64, not sure), or a quality turntable and a tube amp. Hard to choose. :D