DTS Master audio question

reynolr

I have a yet another question about something I can not figure out. How do I get DTS master on my Onkyo HT-RC180? I have watched a few movies (such as Cowboys and Aliens last night) that say it has dts master. Howeverwhen I switch through all the formats it does not pop up. I get a few other dts things, like direct, mono, PLIIz Height, nut no master? A few weeks ago I watched Conan the Barbarian and on my reciever and said dts master, and it sounded great. So I'm trying to figure out how to listen to it more. My whole set=up is in my sig. Thanks.

Ok I went to the setup menu, under audio. It has a Digital Audio Output tab. Ubder that it has Dolby D/Dolby D +/Dolby TrueHD set to Bitstream. Also DTS/DTS-HD is set to Bitstream. Then at the bottom it states the following... When "Bitsream" is selected in each setting below with BD-Video Secondary Audio set to "On" the audio of BD-Viseo is converted and output as follows: -Dolby D +, Dolby TrueHD to Dolby Digital. -DTS-HD to DTS. Then it says... If you want to enjoy the orginal audio please set BD-Video Secondary Audio to "Off." I had it set to on, I am guessing I should switch it to off?

On the PS3 if you have the older 'fat' one you have to output audio via PCM in order to get the HD audio signals. Unfortunately your receiver won't display TrueHD, DTS-HD, etc. but you will be hearing HD audio.

Sorry, just saw that you're using the Panasonic and not the PS3 for Blu-Rays. Yes, switch the secondary to Off as long as your receiver can decode the HD audio formats itself.