Bell Sound Tube Amp/Tuner

Guest Teresa Wright

Guest Teresa Wright

Ok, just checking to see if anyone knows about these. The model numbers are 2419 for the am/fm tuner and 2420 for the amp. I also got a Sony TC-250A reel to reel and a Garrard Laboratory Series Type A TT. Was told all works, they are filthy and really scary looking. I found basic info on the 2420, made in 1961. Any help?? Thanks

Guest Teresa Wright

Dang, just got out the camera and it is dead-will charge it then post. I am in Idaho and have checked locally, got some basic help yesterday. I am going to clean them up at least today. I just can't find any info on these old tanks, jeez they weigh alot.

post-48696-13819685723064_thumb.jpg

Guest Teresa Wright

Ok, figured out how to post pictures, I guess one at a time. The Tuner is FM only. The first two pics are of the Tuner, last two of the Amp. Thanks, I guess I need to know if these look like they are worth putting any money into??

post-48696-13819685783414_thumb.jpg

Guest Teresa Wright

Thanks for replying. I noticed on your blog you had an ad for Bell. These things must have come from outer space, can't find anything on the tuner, and just one post on the 2420. I did see the 2420 on e-bay go for $177 I think. I just wonder if these would be good to fix up and use. I have one place in town that can test it-I was told they both work, but haven't really tried yet, I did turn them both on, and they lit up, and all tubes had color, not sure if the right color though?? I know nothing about tubes at all. Well, I am going to call and see if I can take them in to check, I guess worth $20, then go from there. Thanks seti!

Guest Teresa Wright

Wow, that is a pretty high price. I think I might at least drive 75miles rt to have these checked out. Oh, well, supposed to get a bunch of snow, so probably wait until next week to do anything.

• 1 month later...
Guest Teresa Wright

Ok, my brother picked up the amp and tuner yesterday to have Jeff Webster check them out in Twin Falls. Should hear in a day or two if these are worth putting any time/money into. Crossing my fingers Jeff says "WOW" [:D] and not "wow" [:S].

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...