better power cords?

abjonesiii

some of them have double sheilding which is a good thing to have if you are stacking a lot of gear and wind up with signal wires close to power runs. aside from the sheilding, I don't buy into the other claims. I have a few of them and mainly use them for the additional sheilding.

• Moderators

Probably a much debated topic with varying views. I personally don't buy the hype of a $300 power cable. I would be more concerned with the cables in my walls than I would be from the 3 meter cable from my wall to my electronics. My question is always, would you be able to hear $300 worth of difference? Law of diminishing return is at work here.

I think it's hilarious, beyond a little extra shielding it is completely pointless, to go through all the trouble of massive power cables only to then have the power go through the bottle neck of a few tiny fuses on the interior of our audio equipment...LOL!!!

Its like sticking your finger in a small hole that is leaking in the bottom of your boat, while water is cascading in from massive holes at either end of the boat. Only fixing one small part of the problem doesn't even begin to fix the whole large problem.

As stated peviously, there can be some benefit to a shielded power cable. I replaced the power cables of most of my equipment with 12 guage power cables like the ones that come with large amplifiers. Why? Because it was free and I don't need to worry about my receivers not having enough current.