2 Questions

MichaelandKlipsch

Hello everyone,

Im new to this particular forum but have been a dedicated Klipsch owner for some time. I am currently having a house built and have upgraded and redesigned my system. I pretty much have everything configured how i like it but have a few questions. Im looking to use my PS3 in my great room as my dedicated bluray player and im looking to upgrade to a new bluray player either the Oppo 93 which i have read great reviews about, or the Elite BDP 53. I have mostly pioneer elite gear but im not sure if anyone has had hands on use with these bluray players and could offer their suggestion? I owned one pioneer elite bluray player before and had numerous problems with it 3 years ago. I am assuming they have greatly increased in dependability since then so i am willing to give them another shot. My other question is on my RC 64 it will be displayed in my glass entertainment unit below my elite 70" and tilted to the viewers listening area. Does anyone have a good suggestion on what the cross over frequency should be set too? Thanks for any suggestions.

If its -3dB at 73Hz I'd say 80Hz would be the lowest.

FWIW, the -3dB at 73Hz is a quasi-anechoic figure. In an actual room, -3dB at 60Hz would be a fairly reasonable expectation (and Klipsch rates it for -3dB at 62Hz). However, I'd agree that I personally wouldn't run it any lower than 80Hz for the simple fact that you don't really gain anything, assuming your sub is up to snuff with the rest of your system.

I may try running it at 100hz to hopefully dismiss their being any scratch audible sounds from bass when someone is speaking etc. I shouldn't need it to be lower. As of right now im running dual K120 THX subs with the KA1000 amp so the bass is phenomenal. Overall im happy with the RF83's and 4 RS 62's but the only upgrade i have considered was to the RC 64 II. I have read great reviews but is it worth selling mine original RC 64 and upgrading? Thanks for the input guys.

I may try running it at 100hz to hopefully dismiss their being any scratch audible sounds from bass when someone is speaking etc.

Certainly no harm in testing it out and seeing what you prefer.

I have read great reviews but is it worth selling mine original RC 64 and upgrading?

I have heard neither the 64 nor the 64ii, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt.

I'd expect that since the original 64 was designed specifically to match your 83s, it probably wouldn't be worthwhile to go for the 64ii which was designed to match the RF-7ii and has a different tweeter than your mains.