Vintage Additions to My Reference IV 7.1 Setup?

Rhetor

I have a chance to add some vintage speakers to my current Reference series 7.1 setup.

Here is what I currently have:

Denon 4311ci AVR

Reference (series IV) speakers: RF 82s front; RS52 surrounds, RB 61s rear back, RC62 center.

Matin Logan Depth I sub

I have a chance to pick up a reasonable pair of original KG 4s (for wides?) which may need rebuilding and a recently rebuilt pair of KG 2s (heights?).

The current Referebce IV speakers are, of course, 8 ohm.

Would the KG 4s (at 6 ohms) and KG 2s (at 4 ohms) work to compliment the 7.1 Reference IV 8 ohm setup I have? Or do my wides and heights need to be 8 ohm speakers too on the same AVR?

Also, I could skip using the KG 4s and KG 2s in my current 7.1 setup, and use the KG 4s and the KG 2s on an older Pioneer SVx-94TXH avr I am setting up as a 5.1 system in my wife's home office. My goals are that I do eventually want to turn my current home theater into 11.2 by adding vintage Klipsch speakers to the Denon 4311ci and another Martin Logan Depth sub; and second, to also build out the Pio 94 in my wife's office to 5.1 using only vintage Klipsch speakers.

I have been reading this forum for 3 1/2 years without much posting. You all have me encouraged to move into the Klipsch vintage market and build up both rooms with vintage Klipsch speakers, even trying some modest speaker rehabs when necessary.

Feedback would be appreciated!

Well then, I would need to find the right heights and wides to turn the 7.1 system into 11.2 . . .what Reference speakers could I add as wides and heights with my setup?

So then, maybe the KG 4s and KG 2s to start the setup in my wife's office on the old Pio AVR?

Nothing . . . But I am thinking vintage, but have discovered a great sale on four RS52 surrounds . . . Would those work ok for wides and heights?

In any case, just simply would like to start by adding preferably some vintwge wides and heights to go 11.2, and then start working to set up a 5.1 vintage set for my wife.

There are used Reference series speakers everywhere . . . But just thinking going vintage would be nice and conversational. Plus, I tinker some . . . Haven't tried it on speakers . . . But people on this forum simply praise their vintage additions . . . Just thinking I want to go there . . . A perfect timber match is not a must for me, but vintage speakers tht accent nicely to the Reference IV setup I have, and then a totally vintage 5.1 system for my wife's office . . . .

I can buy all of the used a reference speakers I want . . . Just very interested in vintage.

So let's simplify . . .

Would the KG 4s and KG 2s work for wides and heights on my 7.1 system, or at all in a 5.1 system for my wife?

Or, should I simply look to vintage Heresys, Fortes, etc?

Your wide speakers should match your fronts in performance to get the best effect. The front height speakers can be smaller and the 52's should work. I also would stick to timber matching speakers for the front stage. The wrong pairing of the front height speakers made me question whether they were working. After correctly pairing the height speakers to my towers, I use DDPLIIz more than any other configuration.