Did anyone save the "Cornwall II" review?

WMcD

Per the subject line: Did anyone save the review of what was the Cornwall II. It was probably from Audio in 1969 or so.

It used to be on the main site. I failed to save it to my collection and now it seems to be nowhere to be found.

It is an important piece of information. For example there is a thread

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/157552.aspx?PageIndex=1

where the august and learned Filmofreddy describes the incongruity in the Cornwall naming.

I.e.: In the beginning there was a Cornwall with a vent in the back [probably in accord with PWK's long slot load per his article] with early mid and tweeters.

Then the Cornwall II circa 1969 had a port in the front and mid and tweeter closer to what we usually know -- but not clustered above the woofer and with arrows on the back indicating which side should be up for landscape and portrait orientation . This was the subject of the article.

Then the Cornwall came out with the mid K-600 and tweeter well above the centered woofer.

And then the Cornwall II came out with plastic horns, and then Cornwall III with the bass driver moved up and using the K-700.

The above is the best of my recall.

Also, I believe the article / review was just about the CWII. I've seen one about the K-Horn and "CW" but it may be something different.

Thank you for any info.

WMcD

Many thanks Rusty. It is the article to which I was referring. The one which used to be on the main website was not set up as a handout -- like your post is set up. Yours is a nice addition to anyone's collection of literature.

Gee, note the use of the term "awesome" before it became so overused.

I've converted it to pdf (attached) for the use of others here.

WMcD

Audio Review 1969 of Corwall II.pdf

I'm glad I could help. If anyone is interested I have all of the brouchures that came with the speakers when they were new and I'd be more than happy to post them. Some of them are really cool and have the prices and specs on them. I was glad they guy I bought them from had saved them, they were a nice addition to the speakers.

Rusty

I'm glad I could help. If anyone is interested I have all of the brouchures that came with the speakers when they were new and I'd be more than happy to post them. Some of them are really cool and have the prices and specs on them. I was glad they guy I bought them from had saved them, they were a nice addition to the speakers.

Rusty

Sure, count me as one interested out here.