Eico fun

Conductor

Just got an Eico HF-81 off Ebay. I am impressed and delighted. Bone stock, it sounds better than my Conrad Johnson CAV-50. The CAV is a great amp, but with my Klipschorns it sounds too "high fi". The Eico is warm and smooth and "right" with plenty of bass and very three dimensional. Sounds great with most of my classic rock cds, wonderful with my blues albums, and swings with jazz. I am enjoying my music more than ever. I am convinced now that the Klipshorn/CJ combo is just not synergetic. They both are great components on their own and not bad together, but just not what the Klipschorn/Eico combo is. If I may slip into the vernacular, the Klipschorn and the Eico HF-81 is some synergizin' sonzabitches. Thanks to Kelly Holsten for all the Eico flag waving.

------------------

Talkin' 'bout...

Hey now! Hey now!

Eico Eico uday.

Jockamo feeno ai nane.

Jockamo fee nane.

Conductor,

Welcome to the Eico Mutal Appreciation Society.

I'm always pleased to hear a new Eico tale of joy. I've been enjoying mine for quite some time, and though one member here had a disappointing experience, there are more expressions of joy and delight with this unassuming amp than tales of woe. The fact that it womps a much more highly regarded and expensive piece like the CJ is impressive. I'll not forget the day I connected mine. If I can be excused to drop into the vernacular, "Rock on with your bad self!"

Klipsch out.

Wes, I read your post of your initial reaction, and yes, you were a little excited. I cant wait to hear vinyl through the Eico. I have to find a good turntable first. I have records that have been in storage unplayed for over 15 yrs. Btw, where the hell is Mobile Homeless lately?

------------------

Talkin' 'bout...

Hey now! Hey now!

Eico Eico uday.

Jockamo feeno ai nane.

Jockamo fee nane.

Conductor,

Sounds like you've got some treasures stored away. With a good TT, you will enjoy your vinyl with the Eico & Klipsch. Many of us had hoped that Kelly and other former 2 Channel contributors would return. Unfortunately for us, that may not occur. Bottom line for me: "It's all About the Joy of Music with Klipsch".

"Though the road may be rocky, doesn't mean our spirit has to be rocky too!" - Line from Quigley Down Under.

Regards,

Wes

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Conductor, congrats from me too. I love the musicality of mine, and the retro look is always a conversation starter for first time visitors/listeners. When I tell them, they invariably say, "You're kidding, right?"

Your description is well-put. I second your comments whole-heartedly! The sound is just wonderful, and doesn't sound as "disassembled" as many newer tubed amps.

Enjoy!

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

AES AE-25 "Superamp" (in temporary retirement)

AES AE-3 Pre-amp (in temporary retirement)

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (KCBR's & ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Conductor, and others,

Last weekend I completed a modification to my KT66 based class A, push-pull amps. The mod was based on discussions here concerning the HF-81.

I wired 10 Watt Hammond 1608 transformers in place of the 25+ watt Peerless 16309s that were there originally. The improvement in detail and "air" reminded me of comments on the HF-81.

Thanks to Kelly, mdeneen, and others for the dialog that made this possible for me and similar audio discoveries possible for so many of us.

I get enjoyment now, out of disks and records, that I never thought possible. As usual, the Klipsch speakers, RF-7s in my case, are never a limiting factor.