Klipsch Forte II question!

SuBXeRo

Thank you very much Dtel for the compliment it means a lot comming from a long time member here. The forum has such amazing depth of understanding and experience in its member base. Nothing new under the sun as they say. All the harder because PWK did such an amazing job in the first place. Best regards Moray James.

Quote: " If you retune the passive, where do you get new or differrnt radiators "

You don't need to get anything new. The stock passive is up to the task of having a little weight added. There are a good number of ways you could choose to add some weight but I think the best place to add weight is inside in the centre of the passive where the VC would be if there were going to be one. Theye you will finf a flat disk which is actually a steel plate covered with paper. you can use this as a platform to easily attach an assortment of neo magnets used to make up your trial weight. I am going to suggest you start with about 3 ounces of weight in the form of two or three large diametre flat steel washers, just tape them in plave and have a listen. That should get you well into the ball park. If you want to do a more precise job then you will need a test tone CD or a generator of any kind you like. run a tone of about 30 -31 Hz. into the amp and play the speaker. Adjust the weight on the passive until the woofret is standing still and the passive is doing all the mocing at that frequency. Done. Enjoy. Best regards Moray James.

PS: I was very serious about doing some brace work on the cabinet or you will have the rear baffle slapping the mid driver motor structure. I would also strongly suggest horizontal cross braces under and above the woofer and above the mid horn too. Tie all the panels together with 3/4 inch stringers so nothing can move much in any direction.

If you dont want to pull the passive out(and you only have to test on one unit to figure this out here ok not both). You can use some large plumbers lead solder to form enough loops large enough to fit atound the outside of the passive dust cap, tape in place and test. The inside position and flat washers is the best most stable place to mount your added weight. You can tape the weights in place while you have a good listen but tape won't hold them there for to long you will need to glue them when you are happy with the selected weight. Best regards Moray James.

shop around i got mine from a thrift store for 75 in near mint condition as far as bass a little bit of eq will bring them out but a sub could benefit you if you want to shake the walls x it over around 40 htz was an infinity fan the emit ribbon tweeter and watkins duel voice coil woofer could get it but found a new love forte II my listing room less than ideal do to the her stuff (wife) she was the front singer for a great rock group (state fair ) performer many times she said sell i have 2 many speakers i said listen 2 them she said sell all but the forte's

it looks like thursday night ill be picking them up, possibly, will have to see if the guy takes my final offer after having him demo them for me. I wont even really have any time to listen to them. I am visiting arizona friday morning and gotta be at newark airport, well, i have to leave my house at like 4 in the morning and i get back monday.