KSW10 vs ProMedia 5.1 subwoofer...

fs1

it beats the promedia's in quality and loudness... from my experience, but that was a while ago...

i am going to make my own... might want to check out making a cheap sonosub, they appear to ROCK!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Arghhhh..yes yes, I know at first glance the $400 KSW10 should beat the $400 ProMedia 5.1. BUT this question springs from the fact that several people have claimed the the KSW10 is one boomy amd underpowered mess (or something to this effect), while most people consider the PM 5.1 dual 8-inch subwoofers as the tightest/best multimedia subwoofer out. I was wondering if this was a case of the BEST multimedia subwoofer beating the WORSE HT subwoofer, regardless of price.

Take note that theears have commented that the Paradigm PDR8 HT subwoofer doesn't even beat the lowly ProMedia 2.1 6.5-inch multimedia subwoofer! So, HT or more expensive subwoofers don't necessarily beat out the best multimedia subwoofers; that is, if you believe theears comments....which is another issue I suppose.

Also the KSW10 has only 78% of the surface area of the 8-inch dualies of the PM 5.1 sub...so that may be a factor, too.

Again, this isn't so obvious as some would think, unless you have heard BOTH of these subwoofers and don't judge by "class" and price alone..

As the award winning author and self proclaimed God of all things audio and subwoofing me thinks...

The KSW10 sub is not a mess like some LOOK MA I'M COOL BECAUSE I TALK TRASH peeps would make it sound.

Its simply a good really inexpensive sub to go with small low cost sats for small rooms.The sub needs to be set up well and calibrated to balance with the sats to sound good.No its not the very definition of tight or low bass but for the dollar its ok,when found at discount(many audio stores).

I had the PM5.1 for a few weeks and its subwoofer can kep up quite well with the KSW10.Its a bit more defined and will have a very similar output.For a multimedia sub the KSW10 is one of the very best.

As a HT sub the KSW10 belongs in the cheapie section,this is why you get many positive reviews about the PM5.1 and as much less positive about the KSW10.

Want a real sub...get the Aerial SW12 or SVS Ultra Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I am running my KSW-10 in the upstairs 2ch. system, and it sounds awsome, way better than how it was in the home theater. I twas replaced with a Shiva/AVA250 ported DIY sub, and man, it is LOUD.

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Shiva/AVA250 DIY sub

Klipsch RC-3 II Center

Klipsch RB-3 Surounds

Nuance Fronts

Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player