RF 52 or RB 81and will my amp suit them?

kristianflindt

Hi everyone.

Im looking at either buying the RF 52 or the RB 81.

My room is pretty small, and i only have around 22cm to the rear wall.

My question is what speaker that will be best. I have stands, but practically the floorstanders would be best.

I have looked at the RB 61 mk 2, but i dont know if they have improved so much.

Right now i have some Heco Celan XT301, but want to try something new.

My amp is a Advance Acoustic Map308, it can do about 100 watt in class AB and 25 in class A.

Do you guys know if that amp will suit those speakers?

Well you frequency response is lower on the rf52's (36 vs 44), but the 81's have a higher sensitivity (97 vs 96). The cross over point is 1400hz for the 81 and 1700 for the 52's. 81's are more expensive. It looks like you'll need more power to run the 52's so your power source is part of the equation. Upgradeability in the future is on the side of the 81's IMO cause you can always use them for rear surround. I've not heard either one so can't help you there.

I just picked up a set of RB-81s to use as my surrounds and they sound great. They have a lot more bass than the RB-61s I was using previously. I say go with the 81s

I just found a pair of 81's for 150.00 and replaced my rb61's in the back as well. I concur with gsxr they sound ALOT fuller in the back as surrounds. I did try them as fronts for a few days and they sounded almost as good as my rf35's up front especially with the rc64. The 81's will do well as fronts until your ready to upgrade and move them to the back. JMO

I just picked up a set of RB-81s to use as my surrounds and they sound great. They have a lot more bass than the RB-61s I was using previously. I say go with the 81s

I just found a pair of 81's for 150.00 and replaced my rb61's in the back as well. I concur with gsxr they sound ALOT fuller in the back as surrounds. I did try them as fronts for a few days and they sounded almost as good as my rf35's up front especially with the rc64. The 81's will do well as fronts until your ready to upgrade and move them to the back. JMO

Holy crap I thought I got a great deal at $300. You stole those at $150! Great find

• Moderators

maybe i will ad a subwoofer.
They are just gonna play a year or two - and then im probably gonna trade them for something bigger, because i will move to a bigger apartment. :-)

Just an FYI, Subwoofers and Apartments don't go well together. I remember when my wife and I first got married in college, we had an apartment. One night we were watching Operation Dumbo Drop, only to find myself answering the door to a police officer asking me kindly to turn it down. Seriously? Operation Dumbo Drop has too much bass? LOL Just giving you a head's up as most people do not enjoy hearing "thump thump" in the room next to them.

Indeed sweet score on the 81's. Big Smile

Oh I know it was a score!...even better was the guy lived 45 mins away from me and I do not drive. We got talking about ways to get them when he said his father lived 3 blocks away from me and was picking him up for a boat show. 150.00 delivered ! He was selling for his church and they set the price....I did tell him they were worth more but he insisted thats what they wanted for them.[<:o)]

I live in an apartment above a store. My little Klipsch xw-300d sub elevated up off floor fills up the bottom end nicely until I move and go bigger. It really ccompliments my heresy's well with 2 channel listening and did well with the 81's for 2.1 listening.