ThadduesSmith's HT

Thaddeus Smith

Also, the LFE channel contains info up to 120hz, so even with a crossover set to 80, it is recommended to keep LFE at 120, or lose information.

which is why i have my mains+center+surrounds set to 80hz and my LFE set to 120hz ;)

compromise is key here - i get my 5ft subwoofer and she gets to pick the most aesthetically pleasing location from those that sound usable.

Very cool setup and room. Must be enjoyable going down to see a movie with the 'raised' ceiling.

Had to look at the pics a second time after reading some responses. I....didn't see the sub at first. Embarrassed

ha, thanks. after the first week of "eye shock" we hardly notice it as well. Once it's painted black, it'll blend in with the wainscoting even further. You hardly notice the RF-5's when sitting down and watching. The room size lends itself to a projector, but we use the system for more than just movies and I'm not completely sure I can manage adequate light control.

I would think about moving the fronts in maybe a foot.

back to this. explain? I'm getting fantastic imaging and separation right now with them in their current spot and squeezing every bit of bass response is less important now that I have my sub.

I'm sure they sound great and in the corner would be best for bass but since that isn't an issue, just wondering what is going on with the first reflections.

Those stairs have to be doing something. I was just thinking what may be different if you move them up and off the backwall 4-6 inches and in towards the tv maybe 6-8 inches. Might not make a difference.

Regardless...and I realize you have a long "Honey Due" list, if that is vent by the stairs, maybe think about a deflector.

Posted Image