Pomp & Pipes in the house!

HornEd

Headphones even electostatic ones with ratings down to 5Hz or so simply will never do justice or make up for a full body effect you get from very large floorstanders or true subwoofer.

I have Sennheiser HD600's and the Grado RS1's and still while the sound quality is stunning with the MAX its not as real as on my HT and setereo systems.With the massive subs you can FEEL the power of the 16Hz pipe organ note,whimpy headpones simply lack this,no matter how great the headphones may be.

Nothing beats the live experience,and headphones are far from ideal when you want to enjoy pipe organ music at its best.

Long live Revel,Velodyne and Aerial 9.gif

yeah, I just ordered it. Figured I'd throw it in there with the delux version of Legend by bob marley. Someone threw it in the trunk of our car and all kinds of stuff got thrown on it so it virtually doesn't play! I doubt my system will do full justice to pomp & pipes but it will be cool none the less.

i was asking 101 where he got his :)

a sub and headphones, why not? haha. bass shaker perhaps? i have heard of it being done, they turned down the bass on the headphones (via EQ) which allowed it to go louder (as if you needed it to) and sent the lfe's (or anything below XHz) to the sub. sounds like a plan! LoL!

I have that bob marley cd :) great stuff!

If you want expensive CD's, go to Tower Records. However, they are the only ones in Reno that carry my techno, so I do end up buying there with I can't wait for a online order.

But, my frined and I "trade" CD's. So, we go out, buy CD's, then come back to my place and trade copies. Works well.

bestbuy is realllly slow with their order processing. It usually takes like 4 days for me to get stuff from them if I order next day air from them. So I just went back to my usual 2nd day. Lol, to get the RSW-15 shipped overnight would have cost over 500 dollars.

prodj101: are you serious on the shipping?

I had a New Jersey camera store try to charge me $60 to ship a $40, 128 MB Compact Flash card. I literally told them to shove it, they were literally complimented. Nice people...

It's amazing, look at SVS's shipping prices, and I have been quoted the same to have a VIDEO CARD shipped to mr by UPS Ground! Profit in shipping? No, of course not 11.gif

yeah, some of those places are a little crooked, err. I had some CSW comp speakers awhile back that they tried to charge me 55 dollars to ship ground. 10 pound speakers! 55 dollars?! never! that is outrageous about the ram, I got some and it was only 3 dollars, lol.