New Tractrix horns w/ ALK ES in La scala's

kg4guy

Just finished fabricating a adapter for the Faital LTH 142 Tractrix horns I got from Bob $145. pr. shipped and a pair for the K-55-M's and a pair of Dayton Elliptical Waveguide horns for my APT 50 tweeters $16. pair using them with ALK ES5800's and AP12 350's until my AP12 500's are done . I must say the sound is amazing to say the least I'm considering making new face's for my La scala's top to house the horns.

I glued a small piece of pvc pipe that was the exact diameter of the horns throat to the Selenium adapter and took a drum sander and sanded a angle to meet the horns inside throat. Poor mans Tractrix horn

Nice! I like the look of those horns, too.

Bruce

Just a matter of taste and having ALK ES5800 networks gives you better control on your HF and choice of driver horn combos.

Any chance you can compare the Dayton/APT-50 combo to the Crites tweeter (same driver if I'm not mistaken)? I ask because I'm looking at the same driver to try on my current 2-way setup.