AXPON (Audio Expo North America)

Coytee

I didn't get a chance to hear these as they had something playing on the other end of the room.

The big ones were interseting. FOUR woofers, one behind the other. Open baffle as I understand. He said if you put your ear between the two drivers, they can crank it up to like 100 db's and you won't hear a thing becuase of the cancellation.

Wow I always wanted to here a system cranked up to 100 db's, remarkable.

These were interesting. I wasn't captivated by their sound, just the idea of how they were made. You can add to them and stack more modules on them as I understand. Finish was pretty... I said it looked like they were mother of pearl and he said they were.

Drag racing start lights, awesome.

• Moderators

Thanks for the pictures, some are just weird looking. I guess they think if they make the strange looking they must be good ?

Yours may not be as strange looking as some of those or as pretty but you must feel you got a bargain when you close your eyes and listen at home. [Y]

I have heard a pair of panel speakers like in your first pic. The sound was great in the midrange and up but sounded very lite with low frequencies. I was shocked to watch the meters on the giant McIntosh amps running them, that amount of power would have fried any speaker I have along with my ears.

I asked a rough price, I tried to act not surprised, but I was thinking I would rather have any Klipsch speaker and a nice Ferrari with some money left over.