Moody Blues and some strangeness....

Coytee

Saw their show tonight. Probably seen them more than 20 times over the years (starting 1979). Been to Cleveland, Cincy (number of times), Savannaha GA, Atlanta GA and now, St. Augustine FL.

Nice solid show. I do however, wish they'd change it up some. With the body of work they have, I'm sure they're rather tired of playing Tuesday Afternoon & Nights in White Satin again and again and againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Their last three songs? Nights, Question, Ride my See Saw. Surprise.

I came close to not going and realized I'd look back tomorrow and think why? So I went and now, glad I did. Edge made a comment that this is their 45th year and he's now 70. During that it dawned on me that this very well might be the last time I see this rendition as a group. (Pinder dropped off years ago & Thomas dropped off oh... I dunno.... 5-7 years ago with some health issues as I understand)

If Edge drops off then that takes them down to two. I think Hayward is the youngest and I guess him to be about 65. Too tired to actually look it up and....don't care ! :)

Still... it was a nice show, good solid songs. The gal that replaced Thomas was a cutie pie a number of years ago. Last time I saw them she had gained a ton of weight and looked rather unhealthy. Today, she was back to being a cutie. Must have lost I'd guess 100 pounds? Makes me wonder if the last time I saw them if she had perhaps recently had a child and today has lost all that extra weight. That would easily explain it.

If you're a fan it's worth going.

To the strangeness....

I went alone and had no ticket. I knew I'd be able to buy one there. Show wasn't sold out however I didn't want the back end seat.

Got there, was milling about talking to Mark (MAS) on the phone when some guy probably in his mid 60's was strolling up the walk with a ticket in the air.

I worked over that way & asked if he was selling?

Yep.

How much?

Just want what I paid for it, my wife fell ill and can't make it.

I'll take it.

Just about then, someone else came up (I was doing the rude thing as I still had Mark on my cell) and started to ask about the ticket right as I was pulling the cash out. I made a mention that I was his date tonight....and we all got a laugh. Maybe a little weird one but it was innocent enough.

Cutting to the chase, I go to my seat and there it is. Right smack DAB in the middle of a handful of people.

I sit down, knowing that this was the crowd and said "I guess I'm the wife tonight"

Well.... it was yet another weird moment.... they looked at me like I was from mars.

I asked where Tom was and nobody knew. (huh?)

I said, aren't you all together?

nope

uh.... I've got the seat that the wife couldn't use, right?

sorry.... we've got NO idea what (the #)#_! you're talking about)

what the...?

HUH?

So the upshot? I can only guess that the wife was going to the show alone and fell ill and couldn't make it so he showed up to try to salvage the ticket.

My wife said "maybe he was scalping????"!!!!!!

I said how many times do you go to a concert & see a guy in his mid 60's scalping tickets to a concert that is not sold out?

I'm still a little baffled by it.

post-15072-13819691270398_thumb.jpg

Saw them a few years ago in Santa Rosa Ca. with my then seventeen year old son. My wife decided to stay home and let it be a father son thing which we enjoyed. Remember the gal playing the flute being rather tiny. Very surprised she would have, could have put 100 pounds on. Remember two sets of drums with Edge on one and a rather energetic fellow on the other. He had a much larger set up and obviously seemed to be doing most of the work.

All in all Hayward was in good voice and quite enjoyed the show. Understand your set comment although it was less of an issue for me as it was the first and only time I have seen them. Seventh Sojourn and Every Good Boy Deserves Favour were two of the first albums I ever purchased and still get their turn now and then.

Can't help you on the ticket thing, strange.

I've been racking my head about the gal.... it's one of those "I know what I saw" but... I am still scratching my head if maybe I'm mixing something up.

I wasn't inhaling so I can't blame anything like that if it's a faulty memory. [:^)]

• 3 months later...