Surround Question........

TasDom

I know the RS-62II's are the preferred match but the RS-52II's will better fit my alotted space. I've read that there is not a huge difference between these two other than price but would appreciate some input from the forum. Anyone else running the 52's with their RF-7II's / RC-64II?

I'm gonna order new ones on Monday so any input is much appreciated.

Thanks!

As I recall the person said don't waste the money on the upgrade.

I remember that also but can't recall who is was. There is a pretty big jump in cost and the cost /sound difference ratio may be marginal. My main issue is the size of the 62's as the 52's would fit much better where I had my previous surrounds.

Thanks Craig, hopefully some folks with this set up will chime in.

• Moderators

My HT is 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings. I do not have the RF-7's but instead, the RF-83's. The RS-52's are fantastic for my room. I absolutely have no desire to "upgrade" to the RS-62. They are plenty capable of providing enveloping surround.

Hope that helps.

back-wall-small.jpgBack_Wall_small.jpg

I absolutely have no desire to "upgrade" to the RS-62. They are plenty capable of providing enveloping surround.

Hope that helps.

It does and it did. I just placed my order with ASD[:P] I was pretty much decided on the 52's but wanted to poll the audience.

Thanks!

I would have had to spend 3x the amount to get the RS-62's. I do not believe I would have heard 3x the difference.

Yeah the quote from ASD was 50% higher on the 62's. Was still a good deal but those are monsters!

How are you liking yours cviper? You owe us some pics btw!

Well 5 days of anticipation and UPS came knocking this afternoon. They sound great right out the box but calibration will follow this weekend. These are really big but just right for the shelves I had my previous ones on. The 62's must be HUGE!

Thanks to all for the "sound advice"

post-53536-1381976409953_thumb.jpg