Changes in Heritage speakers....

maxg

I bet theyjust changed their measurement specifications. As in they were like that all along.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Hi Max,

I think the situation is a little like what we went through in the States with car engine power. They changed the testing procedure and the horsepower looks a lot smaller. Still, a 260 HP '02 Mustang will run faster in a 1/4 mile than the '69 Mach 1 Mustang that was supposed to have 335 HP. I believe the new ratings are more indicative of what you'll get at home.

There have been some changes. The new squawker and tweeter in the KH/LS/B both have a little less output, but are said to be smoother. The crossovers have been tweeked accordingly.

John

John,

I discounted the possibility of this being what you get at home on the basis that I get down to 47 Hz on my Heresy's (acording to the test DVD I borrowed and the cross-over point I set up on the sub).

On the other hand this was with my tubes - when I setup the Accuphase it did only go down to 63 Hz.

Weird huh!!

I suppose my question is really - do the new Heritage speakers (will the new...) sound the same as the old one?

I am planning to upgrade from Heresy's to LaScala's at sometime in the near future. If they have changed I will probably want to get a second hand pair as that was the sound I fell in love with.

Actually I really fell for the Belles but the price difference is too much for the difference in sound (if there is any).

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm

I haven't heard them, but I'm told they sound a little warmer. The difference in the drivers is only 1.5 dB. The new drivers are the "same" as the ones used before 1982, but tweaked to be smoother and less 1.5 dB.

John