Sensurround folded horn subs

wisco1

Anyone have opinions on these older folded horns. I'm trying to move my setup from a small bedroom into the main living room which is about 5500 cubic feet. I sold my rsw-10d thinking it wouldn't do the job I the main room and have been looking for something ever since. These seem interesting and are for sale right in my general neighborhood.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/msg/2833493252.html

I've seen that guy's advertisement before. These must be for the smaller ones. The larger ones you can sit in. I remember seeing Earthquake and those things basically made me sick (and I'm a bass player). Nothing much but a bunch of rumble. Exactly the kind of "subwoofer" I want to stay away from. Definitely not for anything musical. Personally, I think they suck. [+o(] If you want to own them just for the novelty thats another matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice, I passed based on them based on artto's recommendation. I wasn't really searching for a horn sub, just any sub better than the rsw-10d I had and happenned across these in my neighborhood.