Heresy center channel shielding

danno

I'm thinking of moving my KLF-C7 from its front center position to the rear center, and replacing it with a new Heresy II. Is there any way to shield the Heresy, or does it really matter? The Heresy will be positioned fairly close to my TV. Thanks in advance.

Danno

------------------

danno

Ah I am interested in this also. I used to have my Heresy sitting on the top of my RPTV but I think I like the sound better with it down in front. When it was on top it did not affect the picture but now that it is down on the floor I have to have it 2 ft away from the front of the cabinet.

Would a piece of sheetmetal shield the CRT's or are bucking magnets the only solution (I can get the sheetmetal for free)?

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

I had a Quartet sitting right on top of my 40" Mitsubishi tube... and didn't have any problems. I have since mounted it above the set using a TV wall mount. Depending on your TV and mounting situation, you may not experience any problems whatsoever. One unusual side effect was that the Quartet would pickup RF noise when the television was ON, but the amp was NOT! It went quiet with the amp powered up and NO signal applied.

I have a Blackstripe CRT in the lower part of a large wooden cabinet. The Heresy will be in the upper part of the cabinet. I would place it 'upside-down', with the woofer away from the TV.

------------------

danno