Kenwood 220 watts vs Mcintosh 50, or 105watts

Just a update, I recently found some bad transistors, a couple of resistors 2 of the wirewound and 1 carbon resistor on one of the boards. So far it sounds pretty good. I need to now go through and replace some of the electrolitics, and get more size appropriate resistors(I have the right ohms just physical size). Once I do that I might be tempeted to go through and try what djk was talking about but I want to make sure everything is working 100%.

Now for my short little review, Going from the Kenwood 220watts to the McIntosh 50 watts. I still don't don't find my self turning the gain more then a quater turn on the Mc, which is still plently loud enough which answers my question about having enough or at the time to much wattage. I am happy about that. I still need to give some more listening to the detail to see what else I might notice.

Thanks for all your help and advice, I am glad I pulled the trigger on this switch. Other then being out a few extra bucks I don't how I could have gone wrong with this upgrade.

Duder

I tried an MC-250 to use with my Peach tube preamp, and also my Mac C220 preamp. I had the first MC-250 rebuilt by Terry Dewick prior to use. I liked the amp so much I now own 3 MC-250s, and 2 MC-2100s. All rebuilt by DeWick..........all continuing to work perfectly. I have had a few of them now for several years and I think they are all from the late 60s to early 70s when they were new. I use most of them on my active MCM-Grand 3 speakers...........the right side is in my avatar.

The best part to me is that they sound like tubes but no tube cost or maintenance.