Back to just listening to music choices, choices.

The Dude

For the past several months I think there has been a mixture of things keeping me away of just sitting here listening to music. I have been building and constructing so many things and never finishing anything, that the other day I finally got my 2 channel system up and running again(minus a turntable but with get there again). I was laying on the floor looking around the room thinking of all the things I could be doing, hanging that poster, building some sound panels, cleaning the fish tank(which I did do to keep them fishys happy). When I just stopped and said why can't I just lay and listen to music, so I did then of coarse the phone rang and a buddy needed help on his truck(no biggie we'll get this taken care of asap).

So as for what I have been building, well that starts with the want of a tube preamp/ss power setup which I think now I am some what happy with. But I ordered a kit from tubes4hifi and built which lead me to trying a different power amp a McIntosh MC2505, But of course I can't focus on one project so down to the basement. Family quality time is important to so I start building a designing a ht based around Klipschorn bass bins, and a Lascala bass bin for the l/c/r. Then I decide to build some of Gothovers drifts speakers for a surround speaker so I can move my Heresies up stairs with the tube pre/ss power amp combo setup. No I don't have the ht done yet but I have been building reinforced cornered walls and which I am still in the framing stage for the ht but I can't help but get the modded Khorns set to see how they sound with the plywood up on the walls. Then my buddy throws me a chunk of carpet and padding I can put down which made a huge difference in the sound. I get to thinking I have a Emotiva UPA-5 power amp setting around why not hook it up and see how it sounds, man the dynamics have improved.

Now for the decisions, do I go down stairs and enjoy the Khorns, or up stairs and enjoy the fine components. After tossing this idea around for about 15mins I convince my self down stairs why you might ask. Well let me tell you why, 1 there is a fridge with beer, 2 there is a comfy chair and 3 my laptop. Which brings me to my next point If I was to bring my laptop up stairs that would me I would want to hook it up to the 2 channel system up stairs. Not a big problem just takes the external sound card some interconnects and bam. My music collection on my laptop being played through my 2 channel rig. But wait that takes away from just playing music. So after a couple of beers here I am doing some reading listening to music typing away. Dam its so much work to get here but it is relaxing.

Well, you're making progress and that's what counts. Yeah, don't forget to take time for the music. I look forward to listening to music each and every day. It just makes my world right! yes.gif

Dennie

Thumbs Up!!

I have a dedicated 2 channel set up downstairs, away from phone, computers, TV's, wifeys, etc. I can go down there and just enjoy the music with no distractions. Oh yeah, there is a fridge full of adult beverages down there also!