Forte II speakers and horns removal and installation

lo123

Any special care or knowledge needed to remove and install the front facing three speaker/horns and the rear facing passive?

Gaskets, sealant, torque values.....?

Do the rear passives have inserts to hold the phillips head screws?

Same questions for the panel with the input terminals.

Any responses or insight appreciated!

Wanted to possibly take the rear passive out and take a peek inside, the front mounted speakers were an after-thought. These are mid-90's vintage, but I guess that's still pushing 20 years. Soundlng less like an enjoyable undertaking.

What is used to replace any gasketting in the event that any of the the front or rear speakers/horns have to be taken out?

Is this a Heritage line problem, or just Forte II's?

Just my usual stuff. Some of it is based on me replacing the tweeters on Quartets.

We think we will remember what goes where, original orientation of gaskets,but somehow that does not always work out. So photos and / or marking wires with masking tape tags is a good idea. E.g. did the black wire go to one connector or the other one nearby?

It gets to the point where the guy taking it apart on Tuesday has to make records to let the guy putting it back together on Wednesday how to do it. Well, maybe not that bad, but it can make things less stressful, Taking care can make the process an artful project.

One tip is that the screw holes in MDF can flake. I put in some super glue (not gell, rather the stuff which is like water) to firm up the hole and waited an hour.

Let me suggest that you do photograph what you do step by step and post to the forum. We here like to see the process, living vicariously. Also, you can be a mentor for people doing similar work in the future. You'll be "the man." Smile.

WMcD.