Room Update

mpgwagon

While working on my home theater room I droped a sheet of wall board on my toe. The bone in my big toe is crushed and the Dr. says I have to stay of it for 6 weeks! I did finish the walls before it hurt so bad I went to the Dr. I sent my wife to get paint (black) for the walls and she comes back with a light blue/gray! I need you guys to help me convince my wife that black walls are ok.

I still need to install the acoustic ceiling tiles, paint the walls and install the carpet. I guess for the next six weeks or so I'll just sit back and listen to the Scala's

------------------

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/MYSTUFF.jpg

This message has been edited by mpgwagon on 06-01-2002 at 11:01 AM

Sorry about the toe, mpgwagon... and even more sorry to disclose that your wife is probably closer to an ideal home theater shade than you are.

The "Video Essentials" set-up disk covers background colors for home theaters... and the color is... neutral gray... for that is the color that provides the least disturbance to the assimilation of the colors on the screen.

Serious photographers use a standard neutral "gray card" to properly correlate the original colors in the darkroom.

But, that still leaves you three walls, a ceiling and a floor that would look great in black... now all you need are some Oakland Raider logos and some Howie Long potboilers. Wink.gif -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-01-2002 at 11:39 AM

Speedy recovery to you,sorry to hear this.Accidents happen when we least expect them.

Well on the color of the HT I have to say your wife is correct,grey is the best color to use in a HT room.I will paint my HT rooms gray.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Bummer dude. All I can say is it must be bad luck foot day because my wife thinks she broke her toe this afternoon. I think she is just a pixie cwm27.gif and can't take the pain. But then not long after that, I had to go and step on a rusty ol nail. Went right throuh my hiking boot and into the ball of my foot. Her little stubbed toe wasn't so funny after that.cwm10.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 06-01-2002 at 08:19 PM

mOOn,

How do you like the RSW-12? Does it keep up with the RF's.

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

NOZ, Ya it's a great sub. I have never had to turn it all the way up. I have more than enough base coming out of it. I think the most I have turned it up was about 3/4 the way. But to be fair, the biggest reason why I have not cranked it up is because of the spousal factor. And yes, it does keep up with the RF7s just fine. Well, at least I think it does, I don't have anything to compair it to. I am very pleased anyway.

The guy that came of about a month ago and balanced my speakers used to do custom installations, so he has heard a lot of subs. Anyway he was very impressed with it. He maid several great comments on it.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 06-01-2002 at 09:24 PM

Thanks mOOn,

Hey rembemer when I had that CD skipping problem, it was the LAS, flat on the floor, combined with the sub, it shook the floor so much. Since the 7's have the floorpins, It's ok for now. Wait till I finish the theater room, La scalas and RF-7's as fronts, hehehe!!

cheers

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8